DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Made A Case For Mini and Accessories...

Matt M PA

Reactions
Well guys, seems I have to make up a case for every piece of gear I have. I have an Apache case from HF for my Ronin-S, Sony 6400 and also some audio gear. I like to have everything in one place. Anyhow...the Apache cases weren't going to work for the Mini.

The case that came with mine was nice, but didn't hold all I needed.IMG_7688.JPG

So, I got one of the aluminum tool cases at HF. I did put some of my own foam under the pick and pluck foam on one side. I also use some thin sheet foam hot-glued on top to keep the pick and pluck foam from coming apart under use.

I selected this case as I wanted to be able to put an iPad, sun hood, etc, on the lid. It came with a tool holder panel for the lid. I pulled the tool holder bits off and glued the egg crate foam in place.

It's not perfect, but now everything for the Mini is in one place. And...my OCD is satisfied.

Attachments

• IMG_7687.JPG
    IMG_7687.JPG
    617.6 KB · Views: 105
I'm researching case options and I like your design. Gave me some good ideas, like the Altoid tins for extras (I've got a bunch of those laying around in my shop right now). I want to be able to store everything in one place, including the prop guards, and leave the drone unfolded while doing so. Even though such a case will be a little larger it can easily be thrown in my truck whenever I want to go fly and I will have everything with me. For hiking trips I will still use the case that came with the Flymore combo and drop it in my daypack just because it is so compact. But for everyday storage and use I would like to accomodate all the components in one case and never have to fold the drone up.

Reactions: Mrveronn
Glad you like it...and that it was a help. I am way too OCD when it comes to cases for gear.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki