DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Case for Mini 4 Pro / RC2 with sticks attached?

Jman13

Reactions
Site
www.jsteelephotos.com
I just picked up a Mini 4 Pro, and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a small case that will allow transport of the drone + batteries, and the RC2 with the sticks attached. I have a hard case for my Air 2S that allows keeping the sticks installed, and you store the controller inverted, and there's a place for the sticks. All the cases I see on Amazon right now, for the Mini 4 Pro and the Mini 3 Pro don't seem to be able to store with the sticks attached, I hate having to screw them on every time I fly.

Reactions: sikspy and Torque
I just picked up a Mini 4 Pro, and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a small case that will allow transport of the drone + batteries, and the RC2 with the sticks attached. I have a hard case for my Air 2S that allows keeping the sticks installed, and you store the controller inverted, and there's a place for the sticks. All the cases I see on Amazon right now, for the Mini 4 Pro and the Mini 3 Pro don't seem to be able to store with the sticks attached, I hate having to screw them on every time I fly.
I purchased this case yesterday on eBay ($40) for my new M4P: Mini 3 Carrying Hard Case Storage Box for DJI Mini 3 Pro RC Drone Accessories US | eBay
Mini 3 Carrying Hard Case Storage Box for DJI Mini 3 Pro RC Drone Accessories US

It list the case as made specifically for the Mini 3, but it will also work with the M4P

There are many cases listed for the Mini 3 Pro on the website.

Best of luck and enjoy your new drone!

(BTW... is it OK to list websites and purchase prices on this forum??? If not, I apologize,)

Thanks. I actually bought that exact case. It fits the drone, but it doesn’t fit the controller with the sticks attached. Doesn’t actually fit the controller at all, as the RC2 has antennae that protrude.
Understood.

Check out the APACHE 3800 Weatherproof Protective Case, Large, Black, $39

at HF (a store that is online and may have a brick/mortar store near you) that allows you to 'pull out the square blocks of foam' to CUSTOM FIT what ever you want to put in it. Comes in three colors. That case is well made and was my backup choice (Plan B).

Good luck.

Last edited:
I will be looking to see if I can cut out my GPC case to fit the controller and drone. I did that with my Mav3 to Mav3Pro and it was just fine but there isn't much room for cutting in my Mini3 Pro case so we'll see.

This one fits the Mini 4 Pro with the RC 2 controller and allows the joysticks to remain attached.

FPVtosky Dual Layer Hard Case for DJI Mini 4 Pro/Fly More Combo, Waterproof DJI Mini 4 Pro Carry Case Bag, Fits DJI RC 2/ RC-N2, Landing Pad Drone Accessories​

I will be looking to see if I can cut out my GPC case to fit the controller and drone. I did that with my Mav3 to Mav3Pro and it was just fine but there isn't much room for cutting in my Mini3 Pro case so we'll see.
I just opted for just the replacement foam. I thought about cutting the Mini 3 Pro foam, but it might come in handy down the road.

This "Skyreat" case works great for the controlled with the sticks attached. Also as another benefit you don't need to use the fiddly strap for the drone propellors, since the cavity is molded to fit. And it has a hand carrying handle as well as the shoulder strap, and room for more small accessories.

IMG_0143.jpegIMG_0144.jpegIMG_0139.jpeg

Reactions: BigAl07
This "Skyreat" case works great for the controlled with the sticks attached. Also as another benefit you don't need to use the fiddly strap for the drone propellors, since the cavity is molded to fit. And it has a hand carrying handle as well as the shoulder strap, and room for more small accessories.

View attachment 169084View attachment 169085View attachment 169086

I'm anxious to see if the same holds true for their Hard Case as we have 7 of them coming from "Skreat" (who happens to be an Approved Vendor here so that's a PLUS).

@Skyreat might chime in here as well.

The Skyreat hard case for the Mini 4 Pro allows sticks to remain attached. There are cutouts fin the foam for the sticks, but there is plenty of headroom for the sticks to remain on the rc with the lid closed. (See my review just posted).

Skyreat Mini 4 Pro Hard case - Review

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BigAl07
The Skyreat hard case for the Mini 4 Pro allows sticks to remain attached. There are cutouts fin the foam for the sticks, but there is plenty of headroom for the sticks to remain on the rc with the lid closed. (See my review just posted).

Skyreat Mini 4 Pro Hard case - Review
Same here - having just taken delivery of a Skyreat hard case I can confirm that there is space for the sticks to stay on the RC2 when closed. Massive bonus in my view, as I always found slightly unnerving the idea of screwing the sticks on the controller on the go...

Another vote for Skytreat soft case here. Everything fits like it should, don't have to remove control sticks.

Has anyone seen a case for the Mini 4 with rc2 thats smaller and only fits the Drone and remote? Everything I see is that's made for the Mini 4 includes space for the fly more package. I typically travel on a motorcycle and I'm looking for the smallest case possible. I don't need the extra storage for batteries that come with the fly More or a charger. Thanks

Has anyone seen a case for the Mini 4 with rc2 thats smaller and only fits the Drone and remote? Everything I see is that's made for the Mini 4 includes space for the fly more package. I typically travel on a motorcycle and I'm looking for the smallest case possible. I don't need the extra storage for batteries that come with the fly More or a charger. Thanks

For motorcycle travel, you probably want the case that comes in the Fly More Combo kit. It's about the most compact one I've seen.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13