DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Casey Neistat under FAA investigation

I saw this guy launch a drone in NY crash it into an apartment window and laugh and end the video. He’s an idiot

Someone requested the FAA complaint info on this matter and posted a story on it:

EXCLUSIVE: Details of Casey Neistat's FAA investigations | Andy's Travel Blog

There are several complaints, which you'd expect when the person is famous. Most are based on complaints that he's within 5 miles of an airport and also that he's flying recklessly.

To cut to the end... all complaints were dismissed.

You can feel free to read the story and look at the reports from the FAA. My take on the information is that basically people are simply reporting that it appears he's within 5 miles of an airport. I think it's also obvious that these people are targeting Neistate as he's very well known. They just don't like that someone gets more attention they they do so they feel the need to try to take the person down.

As has happened in the past (and in this thread), if you feel like complaining that Neistate should obay the laws related to drone flying, please first take a look at the _HUNDREDS_ of posts within this single forum where members are _clearly_ in violation of FAA regulations and ask yourself... are you critical of these people as well? Have you posted in those thread or sent those people a PM putting them on notice that they should not be breaking FAA regulations? Truth is, no. You really don't care about the infractions. You probably also don't like that someone else is more well known and flying in violations. Hey, I get it. But let's not be hypocritical.

Reactions: Biggle and LoveJoy
Because it's the law. And he is an ***. You love him, therefore you are an ***.
Totally cool with being an a**. But until you live here you won't understand. The laws here are contradictory and convoluted to the max. Just my 2 cents though.

I live between 3 major airports (LGA, JFK and EWR). Flying isn't against the law here in the city, its just not allowed in polluted airspace. I've since used the hover app to check these NFZ's and restricted areas and have had no problems at all flying here in the city. Its all about being smart about what you do. He uses drones for a lot of time lapse and overhead shots for his vlog so of course someone who isn't savvy is going to have issues. Do be a prude.

With all that being said and done...Casey Neistat's net worth is $12 million. It doesn't matter what any of us thinks. He's laughing all the way to the bank.

Reactions: LoveJoy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej