DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Catching instead of landing

When flying from a boat it is a good idea to get one of those jackets for water landings.
Also, I always stop boat motion while landing. Remember to update your RTU as it will change as your location on the body of water does. I have landed my Mavics on the deck of my pontoon, on the sunpad, in my hand and have also had to rotate when the drone did not want to shut down. If you rotate the drone quickly it shuts off almost immediately. It you have a bimini top; you can also land on that. The water jacket is a great safety accessory. I also keep a net on the boat for fishing. that can be used to snag the drone if necessary or for water retrieval with the jacket. It's always good to have options. The net is also good for safety in an emergency with others onboard as humans should the priority. Practcice landing in your hand on land and it will become much easier. Good luck.

Water add a whole new element to this task! I routinely do it on land and only once when kayaking, now that was a tight experience. That close to the water and confined sitting in the yak.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada