DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Caution flying at -36F

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Took a short flight at -36F. Sometimes I get blasé about cold temps but I really should have put on some light gloves before going back outside to pick up the drone to bring it back inside the house where I comfortably sat while flying it (Still VLOS except as it passed over the house...). Holding onto ...much of anything...at -36F without gloves...then opening a metal door...without gloves...not particularly smart. That drone was...reasonably chilly. LOL. No complaints from it though...

• Haha
Reactions: BSauce955
I thought you were going to post some sort of drone flight issue you had at -36f. Didn't know you were gonna complain about your hands getting too cold. So, I guess I'll post about this: "Caution Flying at 100F". When flying "mostly VLOS" from inside my house at 100F to stay cool, I hate it when I have to go outside and sweat my butt off to pick up my super hot drone. My clothes and drone get all wet by my sweating body and hands. Then I have to wait to recharge the batteries until they cool down to room temp. Flying drones in extreme temps can be such a pain in the butt.

I'm just fooling around. I completely understand staying inside in the comfort of a home when outdoor temps are in upper or lower extremes.

100F…that’s CRAZY ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear