DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ceramic Car Coating

FASTFJR

Reactions
I realize this is way off topic but considering most of us here drive a car or truck..........

If your looking for paint protection that goes much father than any wax I highly recommend using a Ceramic Coating. I applied Cquartz a year ago to my Pilot, the result was amazing. A year later it shines like new and water beads up like a waxed it yesterday. It goes on similar to how you apply a wax, however their is a little more prep involved. Its not hard just a little work. It took 4 hours from start to finish for my to do my car

Last edited by a moderator:
I coated my car with CQuartz Finest. Also use Renew after every wash. Result: not one visible scratch and finish looks new after 6 years on my 2013 SHO. Highly recommend this and “no touch” wash technique.
BTW, even on a new car I highly recommend polishing out the scratches from dealer washes, otherwise you seal them in with a polymerized quart coating that can only be removed mechanically.

Reactions: FASTFJR
I coated my car with CQuartz Finest. Also use Renew after every wash. Result: not one visible scratch and finish looks new after 6 years on my 2013 SHO. Highly recommend this and “no touch” wash technique.
BTW, even on a new car I highly recommend polishing out the scratches from dealer washes, otherwise you seal them in with a polymerized quart coating that can only be removed mechanically.

Paint correction will add time. Luckily for me paint correction was very minimal. My Pilot was brand new, just off the truck. I did two other cars back in the spring. My wife RAV4 and our Saab mint condition Saab 9-3 convertible. Both the RAV4 and Saab needed 2-3 hours of paint correction done on them. I swear I'm never buying a black vehicle again Lol

Paint correction will add time. Luckily for me paint correction was very minimal. My Pilot was brand new, just off the truck. I did two other cars back in the spring. My wife RAV4 and our Saab mint condition Saab 9-3 convertible. Both the RAV4 and Saab needed 2-3 hours of paint correction done on them. I swear I'm never buying a black vehicle again Lol
Yea but they look sooooo good when cleaned up rightB744757E-320D-4D5E-AF7F-75B53187C254.jpeg

I envy the enthusiasm to get that level of shine! My poor old 2012 X5 will NEVER look that good.

JtL

I envy the enthusiasm to get that level of shine! My poor old 2012 X5 will NEVER look that good.

JtL
It could! Of note, even though I bought it new the finish was covered with those terrible swirl scratches from improper was technique... I paid 2 people (from a shop that I trust) who worked for almost 2 days polishing all the scratches out. Then the coating was applied.

Since we’re showing em’ off...
View attachment 84865

I'm not a huge fan of late model American Muscles cars.....but that's one bad ride. One of my favorite cars I owned was a 1969 AMX. On the complete opposite end of that I owned a 1974 TR-6 which was freaking blast.....if you could get used to all the electrical issues Lol

I don't know what I'm going to do when my Saab dies, its my second one, absolutely love it. Bought it new almost 12 years ago. 160K and it has been trouble free, oil, filters, tires and brakes

Reactions: Redleg
I my self never used ceramic car coating but I watched many videos on it and to me it looks like the old style wax like turtle wax witch I haven't used in yrs the product I use is LAST COAT works very well for shine safe on all clear coats and a lot less work to apply and take off thought I'd throw that out there

I my self never used ceramic car coating but I watched many videos on it and to me it looks like the old style wax like turtle wax witch I haven't used in yrs the product I use is LAST COAT works very well for shine safe on all clear coats and a lot less work to apply and take off thought I'd throw that out there
Yes, agree! That used to be my method.
However the CQuart has been on the car since 2013. I never wax it. Plus it doesn’t scratch... actually is harder than the paint in objective tests.

Reactions: Rattydude77
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos