DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Change drone name in flight log?

Mathiashoffner

Reactions
Hi.
Anyone who knows if you can change the drone name in flight log?

If you look at the attached picture, I’m talking about the name there is in top of the screen shot, right now it says Mavic 2, but I want to add zoom to it, because I have both Mavic 2...

Hope you guys can help, thanks

Attachments

• 70451C5B-050C-4F1A-9527-D8949DCEC1EC.jpeg
    70451C5B-050C-4F1A-9527-D8949DCEC1EC.jpeg
    160.3 KB · Views: 58
Following this thread too... Except I have 2 identical flight logs. One for my DJI support/forum name and another one under the name of the drone I assigned to it. Does anyone know how to delete a profile out of the Flight Log??? All the log stats are identical for both profiles!

The first log with your name is the "All devices" flight log, and the next one is your device log. It only looks like a duplicate because you have only one device. If you have more than one DJI device, then you will see more device logs and it will make more sense.

Reactions: ff22
The first log with your name is the "All devices" flight log, and the next one is your device log. It only looks like a duplicate because you have only one device. If you have more than one DJI device, then you will see more device logs and it will make more sense.

Thanks for that it explains it all... might have to buy another DJI drone to test it out... can you rename your drone flight log?

Reactions: ff22
To change the name turn the controller on, then the aircraft. After everything has initialized go to the General Settings menu (three dots at top right of DJI Go 4, then the three dots at the bottom left of the menu screen ). Scroll down to the "Other" section and click Device Name. Edit name then press Save. Then sync records with DJI server.
WARNING: I don't know what this will do to your existing flight records, or whether this will create another device profile. I changed the name of my M2P a couple times before I had made any flights. If you care about your flight records and don't want to (possibly) lose them wait until someone else tries this out and posts results. I am not willing to test this because I like my flight records and device names as they are. :)

Reactions: Point Zero
I purchased an m2p, that came with a video problem which recorded in pink only out of the box (fml), i had to take it back to the local hobby store which replaced the whole core board inside, after that my m2p started to save my flight logs under the name of the previous owner of the m2p that i got the replacement core from. My question is, would changing the device name on the dji go 4 while aircraft is on solve the issue and have my new flight logs under my name?.

It will continue to record your flights with the new name ... but the previous ones are saved with the old name.

Reactions: M.C m2p
It will continue to record your flights with the new name ... but the previous ones are saved with the old name.
I understand that the change of device name will do the job for me and no need to factory reset the m2p, if i delete the old flight logs, ill get only the new name logs on my page. Looking forward for your reply.

I wanted to change the name of one of my drones and did that with the above instructions. It seemed to work, however, when I synched the flight logs it still listed the old name on the records. My feeling is that it will create a new log for the new name, but since it keeps an aggregate of all my drones records, it doesn't really bother me much. Once I use this drone the next time, I will be able to confirm this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer