DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Change setting while charging?

Neebles

Reactions
I’m currently charging my Mavic remote. Would it cause any harm if while it was charging, I turned it on, connected it to the Mavic, and messed with some settings? I’m not going to fly it or anything, but I figured if I can, I might as well do something while I’m doing nothing.

Would it cause any harm if while it was charging, I turned it on, connected it to the Mavic, and messed with some settings?
No, that won't harm the remote controller.

Reactions: Neebles
I’m currently charging my Mavic remote. Would it cause any harm if while it was charging, I turned it on, connected it to the Mavic, and messed with some settings? I’m not going to fly it or anything, but I figured if I can, I might as well do something while I’m doing nothing.

If you are charging the remote, you will not be able to connect to your phone / tablet as the USB port under the grips is disabled when the micro port is plugged into something. Which makes connecting to the Mavic a bit unfullfilling as you cannot change any settings. Sorry, time to watch another video. :(

Reactions: VortexSpin
If you are charging the remote, you will not be able to connect to your phone / tablet as the USB port under the grips is disabled when the micro port is plugged into something.
Both can be done at the same time if the mobile device is connected to the bottom USB port before the charging cable is connected on the left side of the remote controller.

Reactions: Pondboy
If you are charging the remote, you will not be able to connect to your phone / tablet as the USB port under the grips is disabled when the micro port is plugged into something. Which makes connecting to the Mavic a bit unfullfilling as you cannot change any settings. Sorry, time to watch another video. :(

I was able to connect to the mobile device, however, while charging, the RC itself would not connect to the Mavic.

@Neebles, connect the RC to the Mavic before connecting the charging cable to the remote controller.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdevyview