DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Changed to 2.4 GHz - BIG mistake !

Hopefully you can reload the firmware onto the controller now, using DJI Assistant, and hopefully that fixes this unusual problem!

If that doesn't fix it try uninstalling the DJI Fly app, and deleting any trace of it on the phone - use a file browser to find the DJI app folder and delete it. Then try a full clean install. Alternatively see if you have another phone you can use that hasn't had the app installed.

Reactions: offie
Have you tried charging the controller fully and then connecting to your PC? Sounds like it is trying to charge from your PC USB port and the port power management can't cope. Sometimes the "power surge..." message is caused by faulty USB drivers.

What is the model number of your controller? Look at the sticker on the back. MR1SS5 or MR1SD25? If it is MR1SS5 then you shouldn't have an option to switch to 2.4ghz, and if you did then you've discovered a bug in the app/controller firmware.

Did another google search for you regarding the error messange, and found this for starters:
I apologize for not responding sooner.
This is the first forum I have ever attempted to participate in.
I find it to be difficult to locate my place in the myriad of information, so that I can reply to advice.
I appreciate the time you have taken to assist me.

Your advice to fully charge the controller before connecting to my PC was spot on. Thank you.
My controller is an MR1SS5.
I have used DJI Assistant 2 on both the controller and aircraft.
I have tried pairing.
I have deleted DJI FLY and downloaded it many times.
I've done the firmware upgrades.

So far, no luck!

I can't think of anything else to try so maybe your only other option is to return it as a faulty item. There shouldn't have been any option for you to switch to 2.4ghz as your controller doesn't support it. Only the lower powered CE model has 2.4ghz.

Did you try installing DJI Fly on a completely different phone and then connect it to the controller?

Hopefully you get it fixed somehow!

I can't think of anything else to try so maybe your only other option is to return it as a faulty item. There shouldn't have been any option for you to switch to 2.4ghz as your controller doesn't support it. Only the lower powered CE model has 2.4ghz.

Did you try installing DJI Fly on a completely different phone and then connect it to the controller?

Hopefully you get it fixed somehow!
I have contacted DJI.
When I get time I will download DJI FLY to my iphone and try that.

I have contacted DJI.
When I get time I will download DJI FLY to my iphone and try that.
When I downloaded DJI FLY to my IPHONE,I had NO other connections, nothing else was turned on.
I opened DJI FLY and the frequency was 2.4MHz and no changes could be made, even though nothing was connected to the IPHONE.

I really don’t think its controller not connected to aircraft i have fccc and of I open the app without the controller I see 2.4 but worh controller hooked to phone that isn’t there you need to try a new cord But this can confirm

to test power up controller and leave the phone disconnected from controller... power drone then manually start motors With no phone Connected at all of they work it’s definitely a controller to phone connection.. heres what my phone shows in settings with nothing hooked up to it and I don’t have 2.4 option with the fcc model
EB26A276-35C9-4061-B645-991DD193E170.png

I just confirmed that with no phone connected to controller i can start the motors (sticks down and in) u need to power up both and wait till controller stays solid if this works then the problem is in the phone cable or phone itself

I just confirmed that with no phone connected to controller i can start the motors (sticks down and in) u need to power up both and wait till controller stays solid if this works then the problem is in the phone cable or phone itself
That works. The drone flashes red and green until the controller sicks are moved, then it flashes green.
Different cables make no difference.
Your screen looks like mine.
If the program on the phone is corrupted, how can it be fixed?

That works. The drone flashes red and green until the controller sicks are moved, then it flashes green.
Different cables make no difference.
Your screen looks like mine.
If the program on the phone is corrupted, how can it be fixed?
The problem is resolved! The controller has a bad connection and it isn't a cable.
Thanks heaps !!!

Reactions: scro
The problem is resolved! The controller has a bad connection and it isn't a cable.
Thanks heaps !!!
So it was as I thought it was the connection between the controller and the phone and not the controller and the mini? So what exactly fixed it? I was pretty sure it had to be between the phone because it was the only way to get 2.4ghz to appear. So when you started motors with no phone it started up?

So it was as I thought it was the connection between the controller and the phone and not the controller and the mini? So what exactly fixed it? I was pretty sure it had to be between the phone because it was the only way to get 2.4ghz to appear. So when you started motors with no phone it started up?
It was, and is, the flaky micro USB connection in the controller.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman