DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Changing Home Point Mid Flight

Rockcrawler

Reactions
I have searched on here but can't seem to find a conclusive answer.
I have a Mavic Mini and would like to know about changing the home point mid flight.
If i take off from my property and then say I walk 100 metres away can I set the new home point to where I am now standing ? I have seen that you can drag the icon to a new home point on the map, is that the only way of updating it ?
I apologise for such a newby question but I guess everyone has to start somewhere.:rolleyes:

I forgot they added the drag and pin the HP feature to Fly.
You can set the HP to mobile position but only if the app recognizes your mobile's GPS. IPads that are Wi-Fi only do not have GPS hardware, and even with iOS devices with GPS, the app may say it's "too weak"
I even have this problem with my Androids.

Reactions: Looping31
I forgot they added the drag and pin the HP feature to Fly.
You can set the HP to mobile position but only if the app recognizes your mobile's GPS. IPads that are Wi-Fi only do not have GPS hardware, and even with iOS devices with GPS, the app may say it's "too weak"
I even have this problem with my Androids.
May you describe the way to do that?

I’ve been able to re-set the home point while walking. However, I didn’t test to see if it was correct in that I flew the drone back to my hand manually. The Home point appeared to update on the map as I walked.

Mark

Reactions: Rockcrawler
I’ve been able to re-set the home point while walking. However, I didn’t test to see if it was correct in that I flew the drone back to my hand manually. The Home point appeared to update on the map as I walked.

Mark
Think I’ll have to try it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard