DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charged battery while warm...

Funny how we have changed what its called. not too long ago, it was called a cigarette lighter. If you called it an aux plug back then, people would wonder what you were talking about.

So true! I don't think new cars even come with cigarette lighters anymore, just power outlets and USB connectors.

I have charged batteries thousands of times right after a flight and never needed to let them cool down. I just throw them back on the charger and trust the internal circuitry will allow the battery to cool 1st. never had a problem.
I wonder why DJI would ever put out procedures that are false? If we aren’t needing to cool the batteries before charging them, seems senseless to wait if it’s not necessary. What’s the deal? With the integrated battery management system to protect the batteries, wouldn’t that be all we need? Probably be better to have an extra battery or two and not have to be concerned about procedures that are a bit confusing. Cheaper too in case something went wrong. Just my 2 cents.

You do remember that they even use to come with ash trays - amazing turnaround.

I'm waiting till we have air batteries for drones! (g)

My first car in high school was a brand new 1966 VW 1300cc Beetle. Cost $1,947 out the door. It had a 6 volt system, ashtray and cig lighter. Only an AM radio and no heater blower. I had to open the front trunk hood to put gas in the tank. Those were the days...

Reactions: Turn11 and ff22
I have charged batteries thousands of times right after a flight and never needed to let them cool down. I just throw them back on the charger and trust the internal circuitry will allow the battery to cool 1st. never had a problem.
I’ve done that many times myself as I only have 3 batteries I do charge as my batteries are depleted and have never had any issues. I think they really are quite well designed batteries ... though I have no previous (let alone extensive) knowledge of battery design,still I have seen that they work well. I wouldn’t buy gray market batteries personally,but I know lots of people who do.

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest