DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging a Mini 2 in a Mavic Mini Charging Base

Mondrh

Reactions
I purchased a DJI Mavic Mini a while back at Costco. It came with a charging base allowing me to charge the Mavic Mini in a nice looking display base.
I recently purchased a DJI Mini 2 and wish to charge the Mini 2 in the charging base, however, the Mavic Mini being a mini USB connection, and the Mini 2 being a USB-C connection, means they are no compatible. Does anyone know where I can obtain the little Magnetitic USB-C charging nub to switch out in the base? Everything else about the charging base is compatible. I just need the Magnetic USB-C nub.

Uum aside from the differing connectors the battery voltages differ, the Mini 2's is higher.
Whether the end of charging voltage is controlled by the charger or the drone I do not know but if the charger then I suspect your battery would be under charged.

Personally I wouldn't use the Mavic Mini drone to charge its battery in the first place but that stems from me being paranoid about damaging the 'fragile' micro USB socket especially with this socket being used as a communication port for linking the drone to a computer. I believe USB-C is more robust but still ...............

If charging the battery via the drone is currently your only option then I would suggest you look into either aftermarket chargers that connect directly to the battery or the Mini 2 3-battery charging hub by DJI.

Did you look on the likes of ebay etc.? I have seen at least two types of USB-C magnetic connector, they differ in the 'pinout' of the charger side of the coupler so you might need to be careful about your choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uum aside from the differing connectors the battery voltages differ, the Mini 2's is higher.
Whether the end of charging voltage is controlled by the charger or the drone I do not know but if the charger then I suspect your battery would be under charged.

Personally I wouldn't use the Mavic Mini drone to charge its battery in the first place but that stems from me being paranoid about damaging the 'fragile' micro USB socket especially with this socket being used as a communication port for linking the drone to a computer. I believe USB-C is more robust but still ...............

If charging the battery via the drone is currently your only option then I would suggest you look into either aftermarket chargers that connect directly to the battery or the Mini 2 3-battery charging hub by DJI.

Did you look on the likes of ebay etc.? I have seen at least two types of USB-C magnetic connector, they differ in the 'pinout' of the charger side of the coupler so you might need to be careful about your choice.
Hello and thanks for the feedback. I have the two way Charger for both the Mini 2 & the Mini and this is the way I normally charge three batteries. I have a total of 4 for each of my drones, so charging one in the drone, allows me to charge them all at once if need be. This is why I'd like to use the charging base for either Mini or Mini 2. It's really no big deal but like you, I worry about the connector in the drone itself so maybe I'm making a problem where none exists :). Thanks for giving me your opinion on the matter.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580