DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging controller

snow pilot

Reactions
Hi everyone this is my first post. I've been reading up on everyones complaint regarding breaking the USB port on the controller. After a lot of thought I came up with an idea to help us all I took one of the short cables that go from controller to the phone ( in my case the c cable) and went on Amazon and bought a adapter for c to USB it's a little short but it works perfectly no more mistaking how to plug the cable into the controller. Hope this helps you guys and gals.IMG_20180729_122304.jpegIMG_20180729_122351.jpeg

Reactions: Cybernaut
no more mistaking how to plug the cable into the controller
Ever see reversible cables like this one? Both the USB and micro USB end of the cable can be plugged into the port in either direction. That prevents the micro USB port from potentially being damaged by inserting the cable incorrectly.

Cable.png

Last edited:
snow pilot, if I understand your idea correctly, your solution eliminates the need to plug and unplug the micro USB port on the controller. The USB adapter you purchased fits the Apple lightning connector and allows you to plug that into the charger.

Is that correct?

Do you have a link to the Amazon product?

Did you actually try it? It's not supposed to work.
I don't think he's talking about plugging the cable into the bottom USB port on the controller. It sounds like he is leaving the cable to the micro USB port plugged in, and adding the adapter to Apple lightning connection which then gets plugged into the standard DJI charger. The idea would be that you never have to remove the micro USB connection, so you should therefore never damage that fragile port.

I have not yet found an adapter like that on Amazon. A link would be useful.

Yeah but the stock cable is an OTG cable, so when it's inserted in the controller it switches the side port from a "device" port to a "host" port. That makes it switch from accepting power for charging to supplying some to the external device.

Possible it still works as long as the controller is off, but that can't be assumed.

I just use it for charging when it's off it was just a suggestion to everyone so that they don't break the USB port on the controller . I'm sure can that everyone that has a mavic know they can't use both ports at the same time.

I just use it for charging when it's off it was just a suggestion to everyone so that they don't break the USB port on the controller . I'm sure can that everyone that has a mavic know they can't use both ports at the same time.
Sorry guys I'm using a c female to USB adapter and just plug it into the charging brick. Not sure if Amazon has one for lightning cable. Again it's just for charging the controller it has to be removed to fly.

Sorry guys I'm using a c female to USB adapter and just plug it into the charging brick. Not sure if Amazon has one for lightning cable. Again it's just for charging the controller it has to be removed to fly.
That's why I couldn't find the adapter on Amazon. I use the iPhone cable with the Lightning connection. I could not find a Lightning female to a USB type A Male adapter.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+