DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging cord

Thanks, but this says for Mavic 2, I have Mavic Air. If they're compatible great, if not, that's a problem.
search online they make then for mavic chargers also... or get a cheapP4 charger on
Thanks, but this says for Mavic 2, I have Mavic Air. If they're compatible great, if not, that's a problem.
TAIFU 17.4V 2-Channel Charger and One Remote Control Charger Adapter Power Supply for DJI Phantom 3 Professional Quadcopter 4K UHD Video Camera Drone, DJI Phantom 3 Standard Advanced Quadcopter Drone https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GNTQJVU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_IzHvCbCPEEK7F

Attachments

• B13A9D7F-0543-490C-ABC7-B13463AAFA94.png
    B13A9D7F-0543-490C-ABC7-B13463AAFA94.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
At least that is what DJI told me yesterday in a CHAT. See screen shot of exchange attached. Now I am told by another forum member that he uses Crystalsky with his Mavics. Screenshot_20190202-163232.jpg

search online they make then for mavic chargers also...

I don't see how that's possible? the Mavic Air still uses a 3S battery so the output voltage of the charger will be insufficient for the charger cradle, it's the same issue as the Mavic Pro. the base of the CS battery hub says minimum input voltage is 17.3V.

Crystalsky monitors are not compatible with Mavic Air!
The Crystalsky monitors works perfectly with the Mavic Air. I use that combination all the time.

But you have to buy a separate charger adapter as the one which comes with the Air does not work with the CS battery charger hub (this is probably the reason DJI talks about it being incompatible). I bought the DJI Osmo 57W Power Adapter as it is quite compact. But you can use any on this list:

CrystalSky Charger Notification

Also please note the DJI mounting bracket which puts the CS below the remote controller does not work with the Air RC (at least not without modification). It is made for original Mavic and Spark. I'm referring to this one:

CrystalSky Mavic Pro/Spark Remote Controller Mounting Bracket - DJI Mobile Online Store (United States)

Instead use a third party mounting solution or this one in combination with a third party base plate:

CrystalSky Remote Controller Mounting Bracket - DJI Mobile Online Store (United States)

I use a PolarPro base plate with the latter one. I.e. the bottom party of this one:

CrystalSky Remote Mount | Mavic Remotes

(I hope the links work. I'm writing this on my phone...)

The Crystalsky monitors works perfectly with the Mavic Air. I use that combination all the time.

But you have to buy a separate charger adapter as the one which comes with the Air does not work with the CS battery charger hub (this is probably the reason DJI talks about it being incompatible). I bought the DJI Osmo 57W Power Adapter as it is quite compact. But you can use any on this list:

CrystalSky Charger Notification

Also please note the DJI mounting bracket which puts the CS below the remote controller does not work with the Air RC (at least not without modification). It is made for original Mavic and Spark. I'm referring to this one:

CrystalSky Mavic Pro/Spark Remote Controller Mounting Bracket - DJI Mobile Online Store (United States)

Instead use a third party mounting solution or this one in combination with a third party base plate:

CrystalSky Remote Controller Mounting Bracket - DJI Mobile Online Store (United States)

I use a PolarPro base plate with the latter one. I.e. the bottom party of this one:

CrystalSky Remote Mount | Mavic Remotes

(I hope the links work. I'm writing this on my phone...)
Thanks very much for the thoughtful reply.
I received proper charging equipment today and plan to take first flight this week.

Reactions: dgronjord
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair