DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging iPhone from MA batteries

Reactions
I was online with DJI support for 45 minutes trying to figure out why this is not working. I'm using the "battery to power bank adaptor", attached to the battery, then a USB cable to phone. Nothing :( I've tried 3 different phones, different cables, 3 different batteries (all charged fully). DJI could not sort it out and said they would have to submit the problem to engineering. Seems like such a no-brainer...attach the adaptor to battery, plug in USB cable to phone....but nothing I attach to the adaptor detects any power source. Who has used a battery as a charging source like this? Does it work? thanks

Attachments

• adaptor.png
    adaptor.png
    240.6 KB · Views: 19
I thought that adapter was designed to charge the MA batteries from a powerbank. I suspect there's circuitry inside designed to regulate charge rate etc and that's why you can't draw power out of it

I assume you are turning the battery on.
by momentarily pressing the button that shows it's level of charge? I did that, and it lit up the leds indicating full charge, but that did not change the outcome..is there another way to turn it on?

I thought that adapter was designed to charge the MA batteries from a powerbank. I suspect there's circuitry inside designed to regulate charge rate etc and that's why you can't draw power out of it
I thought that as well, but the gender of the adaptor is to attach to the battery, and DJI support showed me images of it connected.

by momentarily pressing the button that shows it's level of charge? I did that, and it lit up the leds indicating full charge, but that did not change the outcome..is there another way to turn it on?
You have to actually turn on the battery, as in quick press release and long press. The same way you turn it on when powering the drone.

Reactions: Bobvt and Shon
You have to actually turn on the battery, as in quick press release and long press. The same way you turn it on when powering the drone.
ooh...that would make sense..duh ....I would have thought that might have been the first thing dji support would have told me, but they never mentioned anything about turning the battery on. l'll have to try it when I get home after work.

Thats right,
1. Press and let go
2. Press and hold
Just like how u on ur bird.

I would say the batt is great ‘powerbank’ , it charge up my iphone x at a much faster rate than most powerbank do [emoji23]

Not to mention i used this way to discharge my batt at times, when my fully charged up batt for flying is cancel due to weather or somethg else

Reactions: Topo
Why? They'll do the job themselves at their recommended intervals.

simple reason, rather letting them do themselves and let the power 'disappear,
i guess it better idea for me to use it to charge my phone.

Tap once, then hold until it lights upand stays on.
I had the same confusion first time I tried

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf