DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging mod for mini rc

Khayman

Reactions
IMG_20200131_221342.jpg
So, I've already destroyed my first rc for mini by pushing to hard when inserting the micro USB for connection between rc and usb-c on my phone.
So the micro USB port on the rc is really weak and I'm afraid that with enough switching between cable to phone and cable to charger is going to break it again.
So I wrote an email to the dji support here in Sweden and they answered that they don't know if this experiment is going to destroy my rc and the warranty is not going to pay a new one. Thanks for the help ?
Anyway... I know that this isn't a real mod but I couldn't find a better place to put it.
Today I tried to take a usb-a to usb-c female cable (as seen in the picture) and connect it to the charger directly and I'll be ( Mod Removed Langage)it actually works.
So now I don't have to connect and disconnect the usb micro all the time to my rc. I rather buy a new micro to usb-c cable instead if it breaks.
What do you think?IMG_20200131_221410.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is that the rc has a usb A micro compare it to a normal micro connector
You can one on eBay.
Well... The thing is I wanted to skip the part of changing cables to rc so that is not a good solution. Or do I misunderstand you?

Well for one thing the connector on this cable will not damage the RC. Also those of us that don’t have a USB C May not be able to Use that solution. And myself I would not want to have to fish out the cable End From the side of the phone holder Each time I wanted to charge
I think your idea is a great idea just proposing an alternative.

Reactions: Khayman
Aha I understand. I don't fish out the cable I just connect the other cable directly in but, yes I see what you mean.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin