DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging phone while connected to RC?

Reactions
I've seen some older threads on this that have demonstrated varying degrees of success - what's the current best known way to keep my phone charged while using the Mavic 2 (Zoom)? I'm using an iPhone 6 with abysmal battery life and would like to somehow use an external power bank to keep my phone (and possibly controller) topped up while in flight. Has anyone been able to do this?

You can just connect a power bank to the side micro port, connect phone to bottom usb and turn on charge phone in setting and you are good to go.

Reactions: nomorebeefstrips
You can just connect a power bank to the side micro port, connect phone to bottom usb and turn on charge phone in setting and you are good to go.

Beautiful! It seemed like this was a much more complicated ordeal from what I was reading elsewhere. Great to know it's as simple as that. Thank you.

His answer is for the wrong question though. He answers "how to keep your controller charged" when you asked "how to keep the phone charged".

The anwer for your question is just to enable the charging feature in DJI GO4. If your batt is that bad it might not suffice though as it is enough for a "normal" charge and not a "fast" one.
The "connect a power bank" is optional and just useful if you are also short on controller battery.

His answer is for the wrong question though. He answers "how to keep your controller charged" when you asked "how to keep the phone charged".

The anwer for your question is just to enable the charging feature in DJI GO4. If your batt is that bad it might not suffice though as it is enough for a "normal" charge and not a "fast" one.
The "connect a power bank" is optional and just useful if you are also short on controller battery.
Thanks for the clarification. He said " turn on charge phone in setting " - so I imagine power bank > controller > phone is how I would keep it charged as long as I enable that setting. Do you know if this would work if I am using Litchi?

With the M2 remote and an iOS device connected there is a switch in DJI GO4 for whether the phone should be charged or not. No idea whether it sticks when using a 3rd party app.

Thanks for the clarification. He said " turn on charge phone in setting " - so I imagine power bank > controller > phone is how I would keep it charged as long as I enable that setting. Do you know if this would work if I am using Litchi?
Litchi will not work with both controller USB ports occupied at the same time. Bummer. 20190124_135420.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147