DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging the RC unit

Steve R

Reactions
I've been reading all the info on how to charge, store and care for the Mavic Intelligent batteries... Good stuff! My question is, does the RC unit have battery issues, and perhaps needs special care? I've been putting it on the charger after every flight, keeping it as close to 100% as possible. Any problems with this approach?
Thanks... Really enjoy this forum!

Same as usual where you ideally never want to store lithium batteries fully charged for extended periods. But less critical on a low drain battery like the remote's one. I still try to keep it around mid charge if I don't plan to use it.

Reactions: Steve R
Thanks... Guess I'll leave it partially charged, and "gas up" just before going out rather that when I come back.

When my iPhone is connected I'm only loosing around 4/6% battery on the RC per 20min flight. So I try to use up the RC battery down to 50%. If I know I'm going to use a android device I'll charge the RC to 100% because the battery drain seems to be more.

When my iPhone is connected I'm only loosing around 4/6% battery on the RC per 20min flight. So I try to use up the RC battery down to 50%. If I know I'm going to use a android device I'll charge the RC to 100% because the battery drain seems to be more.

I'm also using an IPhone, and the battery in the RC stays pretty well charged. Guess I'll run it down over several flights, then leave it till next time.

I'm also using an IPhone, and the battery in the RC stays pretty well charged. Guess I'll run it down over several flights, then leave it till next time.

With iPhones, I'd be confident in taking the RC out with only 50% charge. No way would you have low battery problems on the RC after flying three 20min flights.

Reactions: Steve R
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada