DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging the remote control..... Stupid

skypros

Reactions
I find that NOT being able to charge the remote control via the bottom USB is kinda stupid....... Here you have a open port that you can just plug in..... VS having to Un-Plug the side port that is used for your phone.

I wonder what it is that makes the bottom USB port not accept incoming power?

I find that NOT being able to charge the remote control via the bottom USB is kinda stupid....... Here you have a open port that you can just plug in..... VS having to Un-Plug the side port that is used for your phone.

I wonder what it is that makes the bottom USB port not accept incoming power?

Isn't the bottom port a USB Type A (aka what computers have)? That would take a male to male USB Type A which I know I don't have. That would be a specialty cord where I'm willing to bet that 9/10 people have a USB Type A to Micro laying around somewhere.

@Chase, yeah... that was my same thinking when trying to answer that question, I just couldn't think how to word it. lol. The port on the bottom is more of an output type port giving communication between the device and the RC. It doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to remove the one plug and insert the charging plug.

I'm not "grave digging" if I'm searching around for answers to a specific topic. Would you rather I make a new thread and ask a question that's already been answered ?

Charging through a female USB A plug is not a "bad idea" and it's very much standards compliant :) A lot of USB chargers out there with a female USB A plug on them. Granted it's an output... it doesn't mean it can't be used as an input as well. Not common, but nothing bad is going to happen....

actually ive seen lots of references where users get a more stable connection by using the bottom port which always leaves the side connection free for charging.

Reactions: HighlandsVideo
actually ive seen lots of references where users get a more stable connection by using the bottom port which always leaves the side connection free for charging.
Yes. IMO it is the best option to use side micro for charging and bottom usb for connecting.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka