DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging without the charging hub/cable

pilo35

Reactions
So I am traveling and like and idiot left my charging cord at home. I figured out how to charge my controller without the charging cord, but need to know how to (or if it’s even possible) charge the battery while it is in my maverick 2.

Not doable because you can’t charge via the micro-usb connector on the drone.

On that 2nd part, do you mean the actual aircraft battery (not the remote)? There is no way without a charger designed for those batteries, including the connector.

If the charging chord you left at home is the DJI supplied one (the brick with the connector), then your choices are to find a retailer in your travels that has either a) another one of those, and it wouldn't hurt to have two as it will allow you to charge 2 at a time in the future, or b) a third party charger, perhaps one that does 3 batteries at a time, or a car charger (which will work for you now and will also come in handy in the future).

I have both the third party 3-battery chargers as well as a 2-battery car charger, but bought them online. I don't know much about how to find them at retailers while traveling, but I would see if your travels would take me near a Best Buy (or if outside the states, some equivalent).

Chris

Charging through USB would take a very long time, unless one of the rapid charge protocols like QC were employed
It takes around 60-90 minutes to charge those batteries at 50 watts.
5v@ 2A which is generally the max without QC provides only 10W. It would take 5 or more hours to charge that way.

I totally understand your pain, @pilo35. I was on the other side of the county in Albany, NY when I discovered that my RCGEEK 6 in 1 battery charger I brought completely failed me. The client really wanted aerials the next day and I was hoping beyond hope that I could charge with the USB. Of course, I couldn't, so I had my wife pay $150 to send the DJI charger to me via FedEX. Lesson learned. Bring two chargers on all my trips!!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada