DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Chasing Airboats in the Everglades | Mavic Mini

Nice chase! :)

Cool subject. Watching that airboat made me think of flying drones in ATTI mode. For all intents and purposes, the airboat is flying much like a drone in ATTI mode. Please forgive the drone geek in me for making that observation.

Reactions: Vapor069
Cool subject. Watching that airboat made me think of flying drones in ATTI mode. For all intents and purposes, the airboat is flying much like a drone in ATTI mode. Please forgive the drone geek in me for making that observation.

Thank you very much! :) I don't recall flying in ATTI mode. What are the advantages/disadvantages?

Thank you very much! :) I don't recall flying in ATTI mode. What are the advantages/disadvantages?

My Mavic 2 will only enter Atti mode if there is some kind of issue with GPS signal. As such, my experience is limited. Nonethelesss, the reason cinematographers prefer Atti mode is that the drone glides smoothly without sudden motions. . It takes a lot more skill to fly in Atti mode than GPS mode (P-mode), too, as the drone will only return to level against the horizon when you let go of the sticks and not attempt to hold a position. As such a drone in Atti mode glides very much like that airboat which must use a deliberately demanded counterforce/countersteer to change the direction of motion. Hope that makes sense.

Reactions: Vapor069
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229