DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cheap android phones to use with Mavic Air?

Mavić_Legenda

Reactions
Hi everyone, I’m interested in buying a used cheap android phone to use exclusively with MA. The only criteria other than price is compatibility - android version 4.4.0 according to the manual. It would not be connected to the internet. What would be some of the best options? Thank you!

This is the one I use. LGK20 Plus works awesome! Fits perfectly within the controller brackets, never crashes. I turn airplane mode on and turn the brightness up to max before flying. Very happy with it. Sorry I forgot ebay links don’t work here. It’s $96 for a new one on eBay.

Reactions: FEMit
"Prefer a bigger screen"

Yeah, THAT.

After a month of frustrated stabbing at near invisible Icons on our I-phone 6 se, we bumped to a mini-Ipad that ALSO fits between the MA arms - and stays there.

Just make sure on compatibility issues.

What a world of Difference! You'll be shaking your head...~

Rgds, NAVMAV

Reactions: Phill and Roylee
When I use a phone I use my Nexus 6. Not sure if they're still available new, made by Motorola and pretty much bullet proof. I prefer my Samsung Tab S4 though, can't beat a 10" screen.

Reactions: Phill
I actually switched from the Shield tablet to the Elate. I just wanted to travel as light as possible. Main reason I bought the MA. My near eye sight is still pretty good, so I don't have much trouble seeing icons. If I were willing to spend a lot of money just for my MA, the Samsung Note 9 would probably be ideal with large screen and minimal bezel.

Hi

You need not buy a good well known brand phone to use with the DJI drones.
I have been using Chinese brands phones for many years. They are cheap but not inferior. In fact, they are as good as the well known brands.
However, you cannot use the old Andriod version. Version 4 is not compatible. Use 5.2 onwards. I am using now andriod 7. Any chinese phones will do. buy new one as they are not expensive.

Samsung Tab A 8'' screen . Not a phone but fits nice and snug in the controller . Grab a sun screen and and a dull finish screen cover because of the mirror finish it has .

Reactions: Phill
I have a note 5 that I use. I believe the latest os is 7.0 nauget but I have loaded a custom rom onto the note 5 which is the galaxy s8+ system and its running flawlessly. If you decide to get a note 5 I can point you in the direction to have it running a better os

I have a note 5 that I use. I believe the latest os is 7.0 nauget but I have loaded a custom rom onto the note 5 which is the galaxy s8+ system and its running flawlessly. If you decide to get a note 5 I can point you in the direction to have it running a better os
I have a note 5 help please

I have a note 5 help please

follow exactly what he says. I did it so can you. The links to everything you need to download is in his description.

If you mess up I’m not responsible so do at your own risk.

But it is very easy. Like I said , follow what he says and you’ll be good

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman