DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Check- In from Brisbane, Australia

RC12

Reactions
Hi Everyone,

Brit living in Australia. First DJI Mavic Pro Drone. Looking forward to getting some epic shots and learning lots from the forum!
Any other drone pilots in or around Brisbane?

Rob

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Hi Everyone,

Brit living in Australia. First DJI Mavic Pro Drone. Looking forward to getting some epic shots and learning lots from the forum!

Rob

Hi Rob - I'm from Brisbane! Welcome to the community. Make sure you also download CASA's 'Can I fly there' app - this let's you know all CASA flight and height restrictions in Australia and is massively different to the DJI no fly database. There are a number of Helicopter Landing Sites around the CBD which impose either no-fly or height restrictions below the normal 120m ceiling, so make sure you're aware of these; that said, there are still plenty of places to fly! People in Brisbane are generally pretty curious of and impressed by these drone's, but always fly safely, sensibly and respectfully to avoid generating any negative sentiment. The last thing we need is the Courier Mail starting a hate campaign against drone operators!

Feel free to PM me if you'd like any more tips and tricks - you have a steep but really interesting and enjoyable learning curve ahead of you.

K.

Reactions: butterflyslicer
Hi Everyone,

Rob
Howdy from Wyoming RC12, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Adelaide dweller normally.
Often in Brisvegas though visiting brothers, up here now.
Hope to fly the Mavic up at Teewah / Rainbow Beaches over the weekend, camping in the dunes for the next couple of nights.
Best part about flying in QLD, National Parks are green light, just use the CASA apps to check for heli pads.

Thanks K!

That is really helpful! I try and keep away from people as best as I can as I don’t want to disturb anyone :)
I’ve taken it for a few flights on beginner mode and feel like I’m getting more used to the controls.

Mavic South oz! Sounds awesome- I’ll be up in a noosa at the weekend so hopefully will find some spots to fly there maybe catch a whale or dolphin potentially! I’ll let you know if I find some good spots, have fun.

Any advice re swooping birds as I know in th city there are quite a few especially in some of the parks where I am practice my flying at low levels to get used to flying.

Thanks K

Rob

Hi Rob - I'm from Brisbane! Welcome to the community. Make sure you also download CASA's 'Can I fly there' app - this let's you know all CASA flight and height restrictions in Australia and is massively different to the DJI no fly database. There are a number of Helicopter Landing Sites around the CBD which impose either no-fly or height restrictions below the normal 120m ceiling, so make sure you're aware of these; that said, there are still plenty of places to fly! People in Brisbane are generally pretty curious of and impressed by these drone's, but always fly safely, sensibly and respectfully to avoid generating any negative sentiment. The last thing we need is the Courier Mail starting a hate campaign against drone operators!

Feel free to PM me if you'd like any more tips and tricks - you have a steep but really interesting and enjoyable learning curve ahead of you.

K.

We’ll weekend was great despite both windy and wet weather !!
Didn’t get the MP up at all :(
Just bad luck with this weekend getting to fly it, but will try again another trip.

The beaches would have been great to fly had the wind dropped even a little.

Taken with the iPhone this morning :/

285811c20a7941996bf8b12051a88855.jpg

Reactions: RC12
Firstly. Take it out of beginners mode(you brought the thing to conquer your airspace)... so let it rip son..
As for our avian friends, it's law of the jungle...if it is bigger than you.. You give way.

Reactions: KDog and RC12

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute