DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Check out the new Epson AR Flight simulator App!

Actually this app works with the Mavic Pro Series, Phantom4 series and Inspire 2. The drone will appear as a Mavic Pro in your glasses.

Here is a description from Epson.
Epson AR Flight Simulator - MOVERIO - Epson

Epson's AR flight simulator for DJI Drones allows you to fly a hologram of a DJI Mavic Pro. This application allows you to fly a 3D digital drone in the real world using remote controller of the DJI’s compatible drones.

The hologram drone cannot be crashed, so you can practice the drone operation even in your house.

The simulator mirrors the natural, real-world movements of a DJI Mavic Pro, allowing new pilots to learn to fly and experienced pilots to sharpen the skills.

3 experiences are available for all level of pilots.

DJI Compatible Drones: Mavic Pro series, Phantom4 series, Inspire2

How to Play

1.Connect to Wifi at first start

2.Turn on Moverio

3.Remove the propellers from the drone

4.Turn on the aircraft and remote controller

5.Plug the remote controller into MOVERIO device

6.Select Epson AR Flight Simulator in the popup screen of Moverio display to initiate connection

Tip 1: Use the directional pad to scroll down the list if you have multiple drone compatible applications

Tip 2: When prompted to open the app "just once" with this app or "always," you'll want to select "just once" if you're going to be using other drone apps

7.Follow the instructions displayed in the app

Last edited:
In the very basic instructions of how to operate, selecting takeoff and landing requires bottom buttons on mavic pro controller, mavic air and spark do not have these?

I would have thought the App designer would have used a more universal method of take off and landing (Throttle) rather than quick start buttons and making the App accessible to more products.
After all this is a Practise/learning App and would benefit new users true control rather than using pre-prog modes for take off/landing.

Reactions: PointG and ksmusa
I'll take the props off because I'm told to ... but I'm of the belief that the less I muck with the props and the connectors, the longer-lived the props and connectors will be. Will the drone actually take off during the simulation if you don't disconnect them, or is it just for safety?

I think its just good practice. Although I have never had my motors spool up while using the app, I'd much rather err on the side of caution.

Reactions: ksmusa
I'm missing being able to use the sim with my Mavic Air as well.
With all the folks getting the MA this seems like a pretty big issue,
I'll have to post this problem in the appropriate area so folks know not to purchase the glasses if they are getting the MA

I just tried this app with my Mavic Air and found it is not compatible. The app just pop out when get to the C functional key screen.

I'm missing being able to use the sim with my Mavic Air as well.
With all the folks getting the MA this seems like a pretty big issue,
I'll have to post this problem in the appropriate area so folks know not to purchase the glasses if they are getting the MA

The current DJI Go 4 in Moverio store does not with MA. This Epson flight sim is just a practice flying app, not a must of MA.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929