DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Check out this cargo carrier for the MP. Works great.

Would you use something like this

• Total voters
You mentioned "with no cellular" is your location near cell sites or not?
I get very sparse cell phone signal. I use a signal booster for AT&T. My iPad has no cellular sim card. I usually put it in Airplane mode when I fly so I don’t have WiFi to the iPad.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBri
I have an advantage that I live on top of a mountain about 1400 ft looking down at a canyon in Southern California . Most of my friends live down from me. We are surrounded by avocado and fruit and flower orchards so I feel safe flying around. The friend that lives above me, live close enough that I usually don’t lose connection. If I do , he usually hand launches me back into the air. The down side is RTH will bring you back to the spot you landed when making the delivery. As far as load, I don’t know. I’ve delivered small things that fit in case. I’ve had no performance issues. I ask my recipients to stand infront of the camera before I take off. When I get a thumbs up, I know it’s safe to take off. I live in the hills so it’s easier to send a drone to a friends house than driving. As the crow fly they aren’t that far, by car they are. Mostly I do it for the challenge to see if it’s doable. It blows my neighbors minds. They quickly learn to appreciate the drone and the pilot, especially when they gets little treats. I can’t pretty confidently say that I’m the first in my area to make a drone delivery to someone. As silly as it is, I get a kick out of it. One day it will become routine.

It would only work for You then

It would only work for You then
That’s possible but doubtful. There’s a lot of applications and I guess it would be situational. You can deliver lost keys, deliver an engagement ring use in case of emergencies. I hardly use this device but I now have an extra tool in my mavic bag Incase I need it. It’s a simple $10 carrier that may or may not be useful. If anything you can have some fun with it.

For exactly what this looks like, I would MOST DEFINITELY use it. I live in a gated community and I could see the use for this... Something as simple and lightweight as a set of keys? Sure, no problem using this idea if needed.
I thinks it's quite intuitive actually..

+1

Reactions: Jonarbel
A06BE021-C6C7-40C0-A16A-9A83A9D5B9B3.jpeg C8C97890-25D6-43FE-B1D7-25703B58B083.jpeg https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075PRPTRS/ref=cm_sw_r_oth_api_vVXFBb4RGW85X

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KRURIEO/ref=cm_sw_r_oth_api_oXXFBbY4QCBWW

For what it is, it gets the job done. $4.99 Plus $5.99 and you can pic from 6 different colors, so everyone is happy. It might be a good place to place extra electronics, lights, strobe lights and extra battery maybe. Prop guards might be a good idea just incase.

Last edited:
I get very sparse cell phone signal. I use a signal booster for AT&T. My iPad has no cellular sim card. I usually put it in Airplane mode when I fly so I don’t have WiFi to the iPad.

I see you'll need a signal booster just to have enough signal for it. I assume that you will need an extra GPS Tracking device in your situation :)

I see you'll need a signal booster just to have enough signal for it. I assume that you will need an extra GPS Tracking device in your situation :)
I don’t use a signal booster for the mavic. It’s for my AT&T signal. Never had any signal problems with the mavic. I do use a Marco Polo tracker for extra security.

Reactions: JoBri
I don’t use a signal booster. Never had any signal problems. I do use a Marco Polo tracker for extra security.

You mentioned that you used signal booster for your AT&T. I see i used Trackimo a 3G Tracking device for my extra security also :)

How do you like those landing extensions? Are they sturdy? Most of the ones I've seen thus far seem like they might fall off in flight.
I've had mine on for two years. Fell off when I hit a 80 foot tree and fell to the ground other wise have had no problems, actually takes some effort to remove them when putting drone in case.

Hi, I recently built this simple but effective Mavic Pro cargo carrier. I looked around and couldn’t find a good solution to delivering small objects. This is what I came up with. It works really good, without any drag or interference from the props. I’ve made small deliveries to my neighbors for fun. The bracket that connects to the battery was purchased on eBay, it was 3D printed. I added the small case on top and have a larger case when necessary. Right now the case is secured using heavy duty Velcro tape. The whole thing snaps right on and off easily. I just thought I would share this. Hopefully it’s useful to someone. I like it. I’m a Chef and My next mission is to fly a sandwich to my neighbor a mile away. I’m working on a carrier for that. All my deliveries are for fun and not for cash.
Total cost -under $10

View attachment 43806View attachment 43804 View attachment 43803 View attachment 43805 View attachment 43807
I'm just going to say it because. I can't see my mavic at 1 mile, not vlos, just saying.

Idea aside adding weight to any drone ABOVE the center of gravity is not a great idea. Additionally if the added weight is not directly over the Mavic center of gravity point it will add even more stability issues. The drone will work much harder to maintain stability taxing the battery, and stabilization system.
Not saying it will not work simply stating you are adding load and weight in the worst possible location on any drone or aircraft. You have the additional negative (i gather from your detail) of flight in thinner atmosphere given your initial altitude AGL.
Be smart about what you load.
mikemoose55

Last edited:
Idea aside adding weight to any drone ABOVE the center of gravity is not a great idea. Additionally if the added weight is not directly over the Mavic center of gravity point it will add even more stability issues. The drone will work much harder to maintain stability taxing the battery, and stabilization system.
Not saying it will not work simply stating you are adding load and weight in the worst possible location on any drone or aircraft. You have the additional negative (i gather from your detail) of flight in thinner atmosphere given your initial altitude AGL.
Be smart about what you load.
mikemoose55
Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate the feedback. I usually carry very light loads. Just fun things for my neighbors and friends. You are absolutely right, everything needs to be accounted for before pushing the loads. Anyone know the Max load a mavic can handle without performance issues. Thanks

Reminds me of the Bunnings sausage debarkle here in Australia where a dude flew his drone from his spa at home to get a sausage from local Bunnings store

I think that lookes like a lot of fun.

I’ve found that carrying things under the mavic with the ability to drop them is really handy. I have a gannet bait release and fly with cargo all the time.

Delivering things is a blast and opens a whole new dimension in drone flying.

I think that lookes like a lot of fun.

I’ve found that carrying things under the mavic with the ability to drop them is really handy. I have a gannet bait release and fly with cargo all the time.

Delivering things is a blast and opens a whole new dimension in drone flying.
Does the gannet release work well. Did you buy it on amazon.

Hi, I recently built this simple but effective Mavic Pro cargo carrier. I looked around and couldn’t find a good solution to delivering small objects. This is what I came up with. It works really good, without any drag or interference from the props. I’ve made small deliveries to my neighbors for fun. The bracket that connects to the battery was purchased on eBay, it was 3D printed. I added the small case on top and have a larger case when necessary. Right now the case is secured using heavy duty Velcro tape. The whole thing snaps right on and off easily. I just thought I would share this. Hopefully it’s useful to someone. I like it. I’m a Chef and My next mission is to fly a sandwich to my neighbor a mile away. I’m working on a carrier for that. All my deliveries are for fun and not for cash.
Total cost -under $10

View attachment 43806View attachment 43804 View attachment 43803 View attachment 43805 View attachment 43807
Is the bracket necessary? Would it work with a Velcro strip on the battery?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661