DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Check your phone Compatibility Carefully!!

N King

Reactions
I got my Mavic Mini Fly More Combo today, loaded the DJI Fly app on my new Moto G8 Plus version 9 Android phone , charged the batteries and connected the phone to the controller. The app starts but then crashes when I tried to connect. I contacted DJI support and they pointed me to the compatibility section (see below), not a single motorola phone on the list!!!
Ah, I have my Ipad mini.... load the app and it fits in the remote but the leads supplied are too short to reach!!! What a bummer....... I'll get a suitable lead and have to make do with the Ipad.

1573751249489.png

I got my Mavic Mini Fly More Combo today, loaded the DJI Fly app on my new Moto G8 Plus version 9 Android phone , charged the batteries and connected the phone to the controller. The app starts but then crashes when I tried to connect. I contacted DJI support and they pointed me to the compatibility section (see below), not a single motorola phone on the list!!!
Ah, I have my Ipad mini.... load the app and it fits in the remote but the leads supplied are too short to reach!!! What a bummer....... I'll get a suitable lead and have to make do with the Ipad.

View attachment 85533
The "suitable" lead will NOT help you. DJI is apparently having a problem with Apple devices. I have 3 apples devices and NONE of them work. DJI says they are working on a fix which should be corrected by the "middle of november".....It is now the middle of November......Another agent said 1-2 weeks????? Who knows...They told me to use an android...Will they pay for a new phone that I don't need except to run their app when their ads for the drone says it will run on android and apple???

I suspect Fly won't work completely in my Tab A 9.7, as Play says app is not optimized for my device.
I hope it works with HTC 10 though or I'm screwed.

I guess I should order or make a micro USB OTA cable.

I have connected both my iPad Mini 5 and my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8 with the controller and flown the MM in my house briefly with both. Unfortunately, I have two different cables for the Android tablet and neither works consistently. I could not get the controller to connect to the Android tablet at all today with either cable. No probably at all with the iPad Mini 5.

Play has a new update. It's still 1.0.1 but a later build. 491 if I recall.
Added support for additional Android devices.

What's new:
Support LG, Moto Z, Xperial Series and Galaxy S series

Reactions: Chris Baish
I’m disappointed that on the initial rollout DJI Fly excluded many Android devices that already run GO4 and DJI Pilot; my Android phones are useless with DJI Fly at the moment.

Luckily it runs on my iPad Mini 4 and iPhone 8 so I’m not grounded, but I don’t want to buy a new spendy Android phone (I have a couple dedicated ‘burn phones’ I bought for use with the Spark) just to use the Mini.

We went thru this when the Spark came out and forum members found inexpensive Android phones that were cheap enough to buy just as dedicated flight devices (Wunderphone thread on Spark Pilots). Buy it, don’t activate it on the cellular network and throw it in the drone case.

Hopefully this improves as time progresses...

Reactions: SummerSausage
I checked my Samsung Note 8. Download with no problem. MM arrives Monday and I will test. I did research and found that my phone is a 64-bit.

I checked my Samsung Note 8. Download with no problem. MM arrives Monday and I will test. I did research and found that my phone is a 64-bit.
It's possible though that the app will crash when the AC connects. That's been the experience for several here, and expecting the same for my Tab A 9.7.
I might know later today, if I can get the short cord to reach the tablet USB port. I just ordered a micro OTA adapter so I can use regular USB cables.

Thanks for the information. I have read that the 32 bit, 64 bit is the issue. I am hopeful and will let ya'll know Monday.

I tested HTC 10, iPad Pro and Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 pre-2019. All worked with AC connected and brief flight made.
App updated last night on Androids to build 491 which could be a factor of the Tab A working.

Now my problem is I am out of space on the internal 32GB on the HTC. Having Go 3 foe Phantom 3, Go 4 for M2Z, and now Fly for MM doesn't help. The apps themselves consume over 1/2GB.
And the HTC is the best formfactor for the Mavic remotes.

I might have to get a dedicated phone for drones.

I'm happy to report that the new version of DJI Fly now works with my Moto G8 Plus phone. I had to use a special link DJI provided for the update as the new version wasn't renewed (as yet) on Google Play. It may of course have been updated when you rerad this but just in case here is the link DJI Fly

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000