Get more from your Mavic
The largest Mavic community in the world
Join Us Now

Checking in from Cleveland, and looking for places to fly

Reactions
I found a thread like this about a year old, but figured I'd introduce myself and do it again.

I have past experience flying fixed wing RC, and playing around with cheap toy drones, so I'm hoping the learning curve won't be too steep. I just ordered a mavic pro, and I'm looking for some places to fly it in the Cleveland (Ohio) area, it doesn't look like there are a lot of good places. Anyone else active in the area with suggestions on drone friendly places?

An additional question, I understand airport flight restrictions as they're written. I have access to a field in a rural area, that is just barely in the 5 mile radius of 5 or 6 tiny "airports". These are small grass/dirt runways for single engine planes. I was having trouble finding contact info, and I'm not sure about how frequently they're staffed. Anyone have experience flying/getting authorization in these sorts of situations?

Reactions: dirkclod

Bunny Too

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I found a thread like this about a year old, but figured I'd introduce myself and do it again.

I have past experience flying fixed wing RC, and playing around with cheap toy drones, so I'm hoping the learning curve won't be too steep. I just ordered a mavic pro, and I'm looking for some places to fly it in the Cleveland (Ohio) area, it doesn't look like there are a lot of good places. Anyone else active in the area with suggestions on drone friendly places?

An additional question, I understand airport flight restrictions as they're written. I have access to a field in a rural area, that is just barely in the 5 mile radius of 5 or 6 tiny "airports". These are small grass/dirt runways for single engine planes. I was having trouble finding contact info, and I'm not sure about how frequently they're staffed. Anyone have experience flying/getting authorization in these sorts of situations?
Howdy from Wyoming @Flying Penguin , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Reactions: Flying Penguin

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
MavicHelp.com
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

UAVNV

Reactions
hi and welcome, not sure about ohio, from what I understand you will need to contact the FAA using a form on their website, allow them 90 days to contact the airstrip in question.

dirkclod

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

RKX

Reactions
Hello and welcome from Ontario Canada to Mavic Pilots!
And enjoy your stay here, there is a wealth of information to be had so take your time and look around and enjoy reading all the great stuff you can do with your Mavic, :) Feel free to ask any questions you may have and remember the search tool is a great resource to see who may have had a similar issue or may offer a great tip.
Enjoy your day and happy flying :)

Aerial-Pixel

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Welcome to MavicPilots from down here in Dayton Ohio, Fly safe and have fun!

LuvMyTJ

Reactions
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 2 Case

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nbt46