DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Checking in from Massachusetts

Ibphoto

Reactions
Hi All,

I just bought the Air 2 as my first drone as an Xmas present to myself. I primarily want to do aerial photography, but am also interested in dabbling in some video. Went out for the first time last week and had a blast! I found the Air 2 to be much easier to fly than I anticipated, which is great! The challenge I'm facing now is to find new spots to fly in the area that will offer nice compositions. Excited to dig in further here to explore and learn!

Ian

Hi IbphotoWelcome to Mavic Pilots.
New flyer advice,
Wide open space.
Slow & easy
Power-lines & trees are evil.
Don't expect RTH (Return To Home) to save you especially if you are under trees.
Don't forget to read the manual ;)
Download Air 2 manual HERE
Most of all have FUN ?
Thanks! I have been doing lots of research online since March, and finally pulled the trigger, so I felt like I'd already flown it before getting it haha. Definitely will fly per the law and in open spaces! I accidentally rose up into some small branches on my first flight, and it got tangled, started falling, but recovered and hovered, never hit the ground! Phew.

Welcome to the forum. Greetings from San Diego.

Finding new areas to fly is a challenge that most of us must endure. Fly safe.

welcome to the forum ,i appreciate that you are keen to get some great pics ,and good video,before you start to do that get to feel comfortable with the controls ,and what the drone will do in relation to your stick inputs its no good getting the most wonderful images ,if the drone gets a problem ,and you are not aware how to recover from it ,sorry for the lecture ,yes the drone is easy to fly ,and conversely its also very easy to crash or loose and your left with nothing

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

welcome to the forum ,i appreciate that you are keen to get some great pics ,and good video,before you start to do that get to feel comfortable with the controls ,and what the drone will do in relation to your stick inputs its no good getting the most wonderful images ,if the drone gets a problem ,and you are not aware how to recover from it ,sorry for the lecture ,yes the drone is easy to fly ,and conversely its also very easy to crash or loose and your left with nothing
Thanks! I am starting small so to speak. I am a walk before you run kinda guy, have no fear!

Welcome to the forum! :)

I just bought the Air 2 as my first drone
Here are some things to help you get started with your Mavic Air 2:
  • The current Mavic Air 2 manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mavic Air 2 downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mavic Air 2 manual.

• This video covers all the basics of the Mavic Air 2.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

Welcome from the Houston Texas area from a guy that grew up (assuming I grew up) just east of you in Needham. It may be a bit of ride but I think flying and filming along Rockport or Nahant might be nice as well as Cape Cod (I am a Mass Maritime Grad) or Plimouth Plantation with the Mayflower would be interesting.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots