DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Checking In

DennisM

Reactions
Thank you for having me here.

I just bought a Mavic Mini (still waiting for it to be delivered) after crashing my first ever drone, a toy drone. Decided to take it up a notch and get a "real" drone.

I'm beginning to find useful information in this forum. Again, thank you.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hi, and welcome!

I think you will find a world of difference between a toy drone and a Mavic Mini :)

My first drone was a cheap thing I got my son as a present. I think it flew twice, landed in a bush and he lost interest and never flew it again. I bought it back off him to play with myself, flew it a couple of times and it landed in a bush, and I never flew it again.

I've fancied drone photography for a few years, and bought a "Better one" based on the idea the camera was 1080. I flew that a couple of times. It was uncontrollable even in the slightest of breezes. Blew away, got stuck in a tree and burned the motors out trying to escape. The camera was crap, BTW.

OK. On to number 3. This time I went for a "Better" one with GPS. OK, it would stay in place and had a degree of wind resistance but would frequently give up trying to maintain position, flip over and fly away. I could never fly it over or near water. The camera was OK, but no form of stabilisation, and fisheye - which I hate. That flew out of range straight into some trees and was never seen again.

Time to get real. I got the entry level DJI product, which was a Spark at the time. Teriffic to fly, the camera was fantastic (with the limitation of 2 axis gimbal) and I had great fun with it, producing some good shots. I even did some wedding photography for my daughter's friend with it.

There comes a time when you want to upgrade, and I wanted one with a better range and improved camera, so I now have a Mavic 2 zoom. Selling Sparky was like losing a friend :{

So entering the world of proper drones is something you are bound to enjoy! Drones aren't perfect, and there are physical and technical limitations to them, but watching a few youtube vids to see how to get the best out of it is a good idea. Have fun!

Just avoid trees...........

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum. I also fly a MM and have many fun flights. You will find much support and advice here. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redrover61