DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

China Week DJI ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the Chinese put a satellite in orbit that, in part, could be used to direct DJI military drones to carry out nefarious activities in the future?

That is a huge if.
If that is the case and I don't believe it stop using their military drones why hit the hobby pilots.

That is a huge if.
If that is the case and I don't believe it stop using their military drones why hit the hobby pilots.
Apparently because all DJI drones are DJI "military" drones, we just don't know it yet. Of course, that's a huge if. Most likely not even true. But apparently the US government is unwilling to take the chance based on the intelligence they are receiving. We were totally willing to believe everything about Muslim sleeper cells that could be activated on command in the future and we lost most of our rights due to that, why does anyone have a hard time believing everything about Chinese sleeper cell drones? Do we just believe whatever sounds plausible or not? Does we just believe depending on if it immediately impacts us or not?

I asked about this a while ago, and was told there's nothing to worry about. Simple question: if this becomes law will our drones still be able to fly?
There is no language in the bill that the House approved that would ground existing drones. What it would do is prevent DJI and companies using DJI technology from being able to receive FCC approval. This would block new products from coming into the US, but would not affect existing products,

My opinion is however this goes down, there is no mechanism in place that would be trigger a situation where your drone won't lift off. However, should the legislation pass and sign into law, we just don't know what happens at that point. Odds are everything you have in your possession will be fine but like any government or any government laws, this is only the beginning and there's more [bad] things to come. Many people have said and I paraphrase "If these drones are spying, why does the legislation allow you to keep flying older drone?" Well, they just might look into that later; count chickens. There's no way they're going to try to heap confiscation into the first bill; that comes later after you get your foot in the door. They already have a "confiscation" database in place so there's that.
Remember what I said about this just being the beginning of things to come? "China now threatens the food supply" rhetoric, yeah that should wake up everyone!

What impact can a 246g drone have?
A drone weighing about 250g would need to be traveling at approximately 92 meters per second (about 206 miles per hour) to exert the force of 520 pounds (2,300 newtons) needed to crush a skull.

But a camera capable of taking georeferenced high-resolution images can have severe impacts if used for nefarious reasons on sensitive military assets.

A drone weighing about 250g would need to be traveling at approximately 92 meters per second (about 206 miles per hour) to exert the force of 520 pounds (2,300 newtons) needed to crush a skull.
A hovering drone or a drone going 1mph regardless of it's weight or configuration is enough to cause most people to run scared for their lives. The laws will reflect that as well.

A hovering drone or a drone going 1mph regardless of its weight or configuration is enough to cause most people to run scared for their lives. The laws will reflect that as well.
“Many many people believe DJI drones are already banned mostly because there are state/local agencies that have a ban in place and there's a Federal ban but not a ban on the citizens.”

“And just about everybody believes to some extent DJI drones are spying on us *OR* DJI drones have the capability to spy on us on command in the future should they receive orders from teh CCP...just because the government says so.”

Something magical happened to me a couple weekends ago, I flew my Mini pro 3 at the city parked and filmed a local band I’m familiar with. Before hand I spoke to the band leader and he said not only would I be welcome to film the band but he was excited to see how it came out.

Of the approx 100 people watching, not one of them asked if it was a DJI drone, or if I was a Chinese spy.
No one ran for cover. The local police wasn’t called to take my drone and keep it. Park maintenance was there enjoying the show and never said a word about me flying. The FBI or CIA didn’t come out of a blacked out van to threaten me.

In the end the band loved what I filmed, only person to say anything was the sound guy who asked if he could get a copy of what I filmed.

Bottom line is, many many people don’t think or care about DJI drones, and everyone doesn’t think to some extent DJI drones are spying on us. The world, and this hobby would be a lot more enjoyable without people like you acting like the sky is falling and everyone is out to get you.

• Love
Reactions: Max Headroom
The world, and this hobby would be a lot more enjoyable without people like you acting like the sky is falling and everyone is out to get you.
I'm the one acting like the sky is falling? You can thank me later for helping keep those who are out to do harm to the hobby at bay. Hopefully you didn't think it got this way (and stay this way) all on it's own. It's my job to see and recognize the invisible threats to the hobby and deal with them ahead of time so you don't have to. Enjoy your ability to fly your drone peacefully with nobody bothering you and everybody loves you and your drone flights, wish we could all say the same.

I'm the one acting like the sky is falling? You can thank me later for helping keep those who are out to do harm to the hobby at bay. Hopefully you didn't think it got this way (and stay this way) all on its own. It's my job to see and recognize the invisible threats to the hobby and deal with them ahead of time so you don't have to. Enjoy your ability to fly your drone peacefully with nobody bothering you and everybody loves you and your drone flights, wish we could all say the same.
“Your Job”, Hahaha.. delusional of grandeur has nothing on you. Again, aren’t you special.. don’t hurt your arm patting yourself on the back. I’m quite sure you had nothing to do with my great time in the park, but you keep “reading between the lines” and keeping us all safe from the man. Ha!

A hovering drone or a drone going 1mph regardless of its weight or configuration is enough to cause most people to run scared for their lives. The laws will reflect that as well.
And take that little 250g drone and hit it dead on with aircraft flying over 200 miles an hour and you’ll get the same effect. So really, even those bitty Nero’s can do a lot of damage if flown irresponsibly.

Reactions: Max Headroom
This is OLD NEWS being used to stir up headlines on a slow day. As the story says, it was passed by the House but still needs to ratified by the Senate.

Nothing to see here, move along, move along.
Actually its back in the headlines recently because the original language was removed from the bill it was in, but a new bill was introduced and then passed the house. I would definitely suggest emails your senator ASAP and asking them to kill it and write your representative and ask them what the heck they were thinking. You're worried about spying / eves dropped from a drone with WIFI, but everyone is buying Chinese WIFI routers, phones, etc.??? Are they worried pictures from some 60 year old dude is taking from the sky of sunset, parks, lakes his golfing? We can't fly over critical infrastructure so you already have that banned. Everyone really needs to speak up on this one, with the impact to their hobby, livelihood, etc. Whatever you do though, don't simply click on some site to send them a form letter. Make it personal, on the impact to you, and also why you feel its just bad policy. e.g. Sponsored by people that receive funds from US drone makers and/or in their district; stupidity of thinking this is an eves dropping device with so many other devices on the market.

“Your Job”, Hahaha.. delusional of grandeur has nothing on you. Again, aren’t you special.. don’t hurt your arm patting yourself on the back. I’m quite sure you had nothing to do with my great time in the park, but you keep “reading between the lines” and keeping us all safe from the man. Ha!
I see this guys posts all over the forum. He really does think he is somebody special. He always has a smart-aleck answer for everything and thinks he is never wrong. At some instances he comes off very rude.

Reactions: Myetkt
I see this guys posts all over the forum. He really does think he is somebody special. He always has a smart-aleck answer for everything and thinks he is never wrong. At some instances he comes off very rude.
Actually I am wrong quite a bit. You just don't see me post about it. If you don't see a comment from me about a particular topic (and that would be most topics here) then it's probably because I don't

has a smart-aleck answer for everything
or it probably because what I thought about it is actually wrong.
he is never wrong.

A hovering drone or a drone going 1mph regardless of it's weight or configuration is enough to cause most people to run scared for their lives. The laws will reflect that as well.

Well, that has not been my experience.

In fact, I'm aware of only one instance of someone running from a drone. That was a video of a stage hand hustling a musician off stage. If you're seeing that reaction from people when flying, perhaps you should consider that you may be creating the panic.

Reactions: Myetkt
China has become a bigger target then Russia... I wish though they would at least examine some facts, if our drones were actually some security threat, it would be nice if someone would actually prove it beyond the shadow of a doubt how our videos and photos are more scary then letting China fly spy balloons across the US a couple years ago now..

And unless each one of our drones contains something that could be considered dangerous. why hasn't that been found yet.. And agricultural drones are managed by those who fly them, it's highly unlikely they are trying to damage the food supply.. and if they were, where is the proof of that?

This is not to say China does not deserve serious scrutiny, I think like some of us I assume that making DJI the boogie man here per say is a waste of time, there are more serious things they probably should be looking at.....

Last edited:
1726442798013.png

Reactions: anotherlab
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member