DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Choice

Compare the features you require here.

Reactions: eaglesurfing
Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Please use one of the best forum search options.

Please share your pictures, videos and knowledge about your drones.

My vote will always be for the Mavic Air 2.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
WELCOME to the forum, good luck with your choice.. either drone is a great one! Do your research, pick the one you want and have a blast!
I was the same place you are back in October and went with the MA2.. mainly as a new flier I wanted the obstacle avoidance ... but that was what I was wanting..

Greetings..... if $$ are not an issue, go with the MA2, if you want to be more frugal, get the MM2.

There are of course many reasons to go one way or another, do you want to do photography or just learn to fly a drone.. A less expensive drone is a way to learn. Once your skills are honed, you can upgrade.

Have fun with whatever you choose..

Welcome and enjoy the forum. I can't give you any suggestions with the MM2 as for my first drone I went with the MA2 and I have to say that I made a great decision, I really enjoy flying the MA2. Good luck with your decision. ;)

Are you aware that you can fly the MM2 without having it registered or getting a Pilots license (or whatever the correct term is). In Canada you can fly the MM2 (Mini 2) without having to register the drone or having a flying license but for the MA2 you need to do both. That could be a decision maker for you. It was for me. So I got the Mini 2 to start with.

I ordered a MA2 yesterday. While researching i found the dji site not very intuitive if your want detailed specs. I searched the web for reviews and found that helpful. I went with the combo, extra blades, and a bag to carry it in. BTW, dji site has a valentine special where you get a travel bag in addition to the carry bag going now. Note the MM doesn't come with one unless you buy the combo, same for the 18v charger needed. Also got 5% off for signing up for the mailing list that i think migh not have been applicable to the MM. Pretty big spread on cost of the drones, if cost isn't an issue then MA2 is hands down a better buy.
The MA2 has features not found on the MM. Forward and rear sensors, much better camera and photo\video features, etc. No "follow me" on MM either. If you want something to basic to fly around and have fun with and if price and\or the regulatory hurdles are a factor then the MM is probably right pick. If you want the good 4k video and lots of video options, 1080 FPV, obstacle avoidance, and more, then take the plunge and get the mavic air 2.

Reactions: Gagey52
My first venture into the better drones was an M1P. I now have two of them. The MA2 and MM2 are both great drones, each with their pros and cons. The reason i am sticking with my M1P's is i am using software from No Limit Drones, which has more options for customizing with the M1P's. Eventually i may get a M2P or a MPZ but time will tell

Hi,

I'm looking to get a drone and I do not know, If I should go with a Mavic mini 2 or a Mavic air 2 ....

Merci,
Yvonc
Hello Yvonc & welcome to our forum.

I started with the MA2 as a first drone and have no regrets. Now that I’m completely hooked on flying & aerial photography I’ve just ordered a M2 for it’s small size, easier field charging of batteries, and complete transfer of images/video without removing micro SD card. The M2 will be my bikepacking / hiking drone while the MA2 will remain my drone for planned flights with easier access.

If your primary interest is photography or video and you have any previous experience with those and cost is not a major factor then I’d recommend starting with the MA2 for the best imagery of the two. If you’re primarily interested in testing the water to see if you’ll like drones and aerial imagery and cost is important the M2 could be the better choice.

Honestly, either is a great starter/intermediate drone and I suspect you’ll be happy whichever you choose.

Howard

I'd think about how much you want to spend. Mini 2 is a great $400 drone (USD). Air 2 is a great $800 drone. You'll be pleased with either.

Reactions: NAVMAV
Unless I’ve missed something, the OP is from Montreal and I believe with the Mini 2 he can just buy it and fly it, as stated in post #8 above. I have read that he’ll have to pass a test as well as register the Air2, and maybe he won’t even like the sport. My vote goes to the Mini2 for now if I have the facts correct.

Hi,

I'm looking to get a drone and I do not know, If I should go with a Mavic mini 2 or a Mavic air 2 ....

Merci,
Yvonc

The 2 choices you’re looking at are great choices for beginners. If those are the only 2 drones you are considering, I’d go with the MA2 because over all its a better drone with better features.

My first drone was a M2P, then I got a P4PV2. Then a Inspire 2, MM1 and MA2. All amazing in their own ways. I sold the MM1, MA2 because they didn’t hold up as well to the windy conditions in Hawai’i that I usually fly in. I then sold my Inspire 2, but kept the M2P and P4Pv2 because I use those more for the type of work that I do, relatively simple travel and set up times. The Mini and Air 2 were much more easier to travel with but I couldn’t use it as much. The Inspire 2 was hard to travel with and set up took forever as well as over kill for what I was doing at the time. I’m looking to buy another one now [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12].

Your needs will change over time. I’m now looking into the enterprise line of drones for the work that I do. Hope this helps.

I spent a lot of time researching before I bought the MA2 last week. In all my research i never saw anything for an MA3, including the dji website Where are people getting the MA3 from?

I went with the Air 2 Fly More and am very satisfied. The mini is cool and it’s nice not to have to register but imho unless it’s a budget issue it’s well worth the extra $300-400 for the capabilities of the MA2. Once you really look at each I think it becomes brutally clear how the MA2 is the better choice for most people. The sensors, better camera, more features in the Fly App, slightly larger size, etc just really shows the versatility of the drone. For me it’s really the best all around do everything drone on the market. What you get fir $1000 is incredible. Also I have some real estate friends and I started arial photos for them 2 weeks ago so I am doing this as a side gig. With relatively stock photos and very little editing the photos and videos are excellent. I’ve taken photos for 4 different realtors so far and all were very satisfied and already planning and looks like I will have made more than the drone cost anywat

Don't know anything about the mini 2, I just fly for recreation and enjoy taking pictures and videos and am very pleased with the MA2 I would suggest getting the fly more combo because of all the stuff that goes with it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf