DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Choppy camera footage...

Jhonnyyy

Reactions
Hello, I need some advice.

I have my Mavic Pro Platinum for quite sometime now, but since the start I only toke mainly pictures and no video(s).

I made on my first flights last time, with video turned on the whole time. However the footage (4k, 30FPS) is really choppy. I don't know what's going on, could it be my SD card (it is the default I got from the drone tho). Or what could this be?

I'll ad a streamable link so you can look into it for yourself though.

Thanks for all the help.

vlc-record-2020-01-27-19h08m59s-DJI_0877_Trim.mp4- - Streamable

Reactions: PHZ
The only time that I have experienced this is when I am flying through an area that is beneath some High Tension electrical towers. EMR.

Are there any phase transformers in that area? Just as bad.

Hello, I need some advice.

I have my Mavic Pro Platinum for quite sometime now, but since the start I only toke mainly pictures and no video(s).

I made on my first flights last time, with video turned on the whole time. However the footage (4k, 30FPS) is really choppy. I don't know what's going on, could it be my SD card (it is the default I got from the drone tho). Or what could this be?

I'll ad a streamable link so you can look into it for yourself though.

Thanks for all the help.

vlc-record-2020-01-27-19h08m59s-DJI_0877_Trim.mp4- - Streamable
My hunch is that this can be due to a to fast panning on a close object (it's panning as you have the camera down) in relation to your frame rate. Then the choppiness is enlarged by ramping up the clip speed.

Read here --> PANNING SPEED BEST PRACTICES

Most likely your PC or other playback device can't keep up with the data in the stream. 4K can require a decent machine. I myself had video hesitation even with 1080p until I replaced my graphics card.

On the other hand, if you are not using a U3 rated card, then frames may be dropping as it gets recorded to the card.

Reactions: Zeke
Most likely your PC or other playback device can't keep up with the data in the stream. 4K can require a decent machine. I myself had video hesitation even with 1080p until I replaced my graphics card.
Would be true if the clip provided is recorded from the OP's screen & not the actual file being played ... which is it?

On the other hand, if you are not using a U3 rated card, then frames may be dropping as it gets recorded to the card.

I am using a quite powerful computer with a 2080Ti and a i9. So I am 100% sure thats not the case at all. Even on different computers, (lower end) it is the same. On mobile too, I am not home now to check which SD card I use but it is the standard one which came with the MP.

Would be true if the clip provided is recorded from the OP's screen & not the actual file being played ... which is it?

Nope, it isnt. The file you see is the file I got straight of my SD card and just trimmed to a shorter part.

My hunch is that this can be due to a to fast panning on a close object (it's panning as you have the camera down) in relation to your frame rate. Then the choppiness is enlarged by ramping up the clip speed.

Read here --> PANNING SPEED BEST PRACTICES

I am not completely sure what you mean, but I used Litchi in the video above. It is worth mentioning that I have this with every app (DJI GO, LITCHI, NLD DRONEZ ETC). So I am sure its not PC, or App related. Neither mobile device since I tried two Devices. (S10+ and Oneplus 7 pro).
The only time that I have experienced this is when I am flying through an area that is beneath some High Tension electrical towers. EMR.

Are there any phase transformers in that area? Just as bad.

There are not, and I have this in basically every footage. It is more visible in footage with water and waves came in. But it is the same effect, just more visible.

I am not completely sure what you mean, but I used Litchi in the video above. It is worth mentioning that I have this with every app (DJI GO, LITCHI, NLD DRONEZ ETC). So I am sure its not PC, or App related. Neither mobile device since I tried two Devices. (S10+ and Oneplus 7 pro).

If you read through the info provided in the link in my earlier post you will understand that panning speed can introduce choppiness in vids ... it's all got to do with how fast the camera is moved in relation to your frame rate & distance to object. The problem get's worse when objects are closer to the camera. You can have this in parts of the video frame if you move the camera to fast over a close foreground with a distant background ... the foreground will be choppy. The rule of thumb is keep over 7sec. panning the whole frame width.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98