DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Choppy Video Playback

Ez_Thug

Reactions
I'm trying to shoot all my videos in 4K in which is the best quality to me. I'm using Windows 10, PC. The app Movies & TV pops up when I access the file from external hard drive. I took files off 64 gig SD card because it was full. "How do I get great playback without the choppiness and what am I doing wrong ?"

I clicked and copied the video from the external hard drive to the desk top and it plays smooth in Movies & TV on PC.

I'm trying to shoot all my videos in 4K in which is the best quality to me. I'm using Windows 10, PC. The app Movies & TV pops up when I access the file from external hard drive. I took files off 64 gig SD card because it was full. "How do I get great playback without the choppiness and what am I doing wrong ?"

Be aware that in order to play back 4K video, you must have a pretty powerful computer with up-to-date software and a decent video card. "Choppy" video is caused by the inability of the computer to keep up with the video processing, so it skips frames and becomes unwatchable.

Take your video and watch it on a better computer. Or shoot in a lower resolution and see if your video doesn't display properly on your current computer. If a different computer (more powerful and capable of processing 4K video) shows it fine, then it's the computer. If even the best computer doesn't display the 4K video well, then it's the write speed of your SD card. If it plays fine on your computer hard drive but not on your microSD card with a USB drive, then it's the read speed of your USB or microSD slot. Make sure your'e using a USB 3.0 reader or a high speed microSD slot on your computer.

Reactions: Ez_Thug
Be aware that in order to play back 4K video, you must have a pretty powerful computer with up-to-date software and a decent video card. "Choppy" video is caused by the inability of the computer to keep up with the video processing, so it skips frames and becomes unwatchable.

Take your video and watch it on a better computer. Or shoot in a lower resolution and see if your video doesn't display properly on your current computer. If a different computer (more powerful and capable of processing 4K video) shows it fine, then it's the computer. If even the best computer doesn't display the 4K video well, then it's the write speed of your SD card. If it plays fine on your computer hard drive but not on your microSD card with a USB drive, then it's the read speed of your USB or microSD slot. Make sure your'e using a USB 3.0 reader or a high speed microSD slot on your computer.

Thanks !!!! It actually worked !!! I’m going to add more ram and etc to speed up my computer to make it compatible to play such videos.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998