DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shuttering on playback

minipro3

Reactions
I use a good SD card - Gigastone 4K camera Pro - Micro XC 512 GB A2 V30
Been using this card for about a year. When I was organizing my videos, some of them are stuttering/choppy on playback. Any idea what could cause this ??

Last edited:
Are you asking about playback on your computer directly from the Gigastone? What drone recorded and video and what settings?

First try copying the file to you PC hard disk and see if it has the problem playing from there.

The read speed of the SD card isn't the only potential bottleneck in that data path. If it plays fine off the HD, the investigation gets more interesting...

Also check your framerate: If you are in America, most monitors use 60Hz.
Therefore, frame rates should either be 30 or 60 fps.
However, if you use 24 or 50 fps, stuttering will occur.

Also, I bought an SSD drive when encountering choppy hard drive playback.

Not sure if this is happening in your case but just my two cents!

Last edited:
UHD H.265 footage takes quite a bit of processing power to decode. If you don't have a recent CPU or graphics card that can do the decoding in hardware then stuttering is not that uncommon. Also note that even cards with H.265 decoding hardware often can't decode 10-bit footage, so you'll still get broken playback.

I got a bit panicky when reviewing footage I was shooting on my trip - my phone wouldn't play it smoothly and even the RC had some problems with it when I tried the drone's SD card in it. I was still on the trip and fretted about all the bad captures I might end up with. But when I got back home everything was fine - computer played it back with no issues.

UHD H.265 footage takes quite a bit of processing power to decode. If you don't have a recent CPU or graphics card that can do the decoding in hardware then stuttering is not that uncommon. Also note that even cards with H.265 decoding hardware often can't decode 10-bit footage, so you'll still get broken playback.

10-bit 60fps 4K is quite compute intensive.

If you are in America, most monitors use 60Hz.
I think you meant: If you are on planet earth, most monitors refresh at 60Hz. 50Hz was common back in the days of analog monitors. Of course, if you have a gaming monitor, the rate is higher.

• Haha
Reactions: Jug's Life
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones