DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GekoCH

Reactions
I typically fly camera drones like the DJI Mini 4 Pro, and I have already posted several videos from these flights here. But recently, I decided to purchase the Avata 2 to capture footage alongside the Mini 4 Pro but in a different style. So, I'm uncertain if it's allowed to showcase my first 'cinematic' experience with the Avata 2.

I flew in Apulia, Italy, capturing hay bales, crop fields, and the sea, mostly during the golden hours. Despite having both drones with me for two weeks, I found myself using the Mini 4 Pro very little. But even with the Avata smooth flying similar to a Mini 4 Pro is possible.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to your feedback.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nicely done! Great video!

Reactions: sarahb
I typically fly camera drones like the DJI Mini 4 Pro, and I have already posted several videos from these flights here. But recently, I decided to purchase the Avata 2 to capture footage alongside the Mini 4 Pro but in a different style. So, I'm uncertain if it's allowed to showcase my first 'cinematic' experience with the Avata 2.

I flew in Apulia, Italy, capturing hay bales, crop fields, and the sea, mostly during the golden hours. Despite having both drones with me for two weeks, I found myself using the Mini 4 Pro very little. But even with the Avata smooth flying similar to a Mini 4 Pro is possible.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to your feedback.

I suppose this a good film but it is not for me. I do not enjoy watching Avata films at all. They are too fast, too twisty, lack time to study and appreciate detail and scenery, they are pushy, and shovey , and just plain hard to watch.

My wife and I spent two weeks driving in Puglia (same as Apulia) before crossing to Sicily. It was spectacular, with old world charm, laid back towns with friendly squares, the Tulli , delicious restaurants, warm people, and great places to stay. Bari, Matera, Brindisi, Lecce, etc. were all wonderful, and Polignaro al Mare extremely scenic.

Usually, when an Avatar film is listed, I pass it by. Because the subject was Puglia, I watched a bit of it but I had to shut it down. I just cannot watch FPV drone footage no matter how beautiful the scenery is.

Dale
Miami

Wow, you're quite the Pilot!! Great flying!!
This a great video! Great skills as a pilot and videographer!
Thx guys for your comment!

I suppose this a good film but it is not for me. I do not enjoy watching Avata films at all. They are too fast, too twisty, lack time to study and appreciate detail and scenery, they are pushy, and shovey , and just plain hard to watch.

My wife and I spent two weeks driving in Puglia (same as Apulia) before crossing to Sicily. It was spectacular, with old world charm, laid back towns with friendly squares, the Tulli , delicious restaurants, warm people, and great places to stay. Bari, Matera, Brindisi, Lecce, etc. were all wonderful, and Polignaro al Mare extremely scenic.

Usually, when an Avatar film is listed, I pass it by. Because the subject was Puglia, I watched a bit of it but I had to shut it down. I just cannot watch FPV drone footage no matter how beautiful the scenery is.

Dale
Miami

Hy Dale,
Thank you for your feedback. I understand that this type of video may not appeal to everyone. I tried to keep it smooth with wide curves, but still added some twists when the music changes.

You're right, Puglia is a very nice place, especially during spring. It's not too warm, not too cold, and the vegetation starts to bloom. In which season have you been there?

Andy

Thx guys for your comment!

Hy Dale,
Thank you for your feedback. I understand that this type of video may not appeal to everyone. I tried to keep it smooth with wide curves, but still added some twists when the music changes.

You're right, Puglia is a very nice place, especially during spring. It's not too warm, not too cold, and the vegetation starts to bloom. In which season have you been there?

Andy
My wife and I did a 2 week road trip, Feb. 2017, and then down to Sicily. Ostuni, Lecce, Alberobello, Polignano al Mare, Matera,etc.

Dale
Miami

My wife and I did a 2 week road trip, Feb. 2017, and then down to Sicily. Ostuni, Lecce, Alberobello, Polignano al Mare, Matera,etc.

Dale
Miami
Here is a very shot (1:26 min) video, mostly timelapses, of Lecce, Matera, a Roman temple (Agrigento) in Sicily, and a small village (Cefalu) in Sicily.

Here is a very shot (1:26 min) video, mostly timelapses, of Lecce, Matera, a Roman temple (Agrigento) in Sicily, and a small village (Cefalu) in Sicily.
Yes, Matera is indeed very recognizable. Unfortunately, it's not possible to fly drones there due to new regulations and the nearby hospital helipad...

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cubesinfotech