DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cinematic settings for your Mavic - slow the baby down!

DRONE JOURNEY

Reactions
Ok you may have one or awaiting you prize and joy. I have some settings for you to try and im sure it will improve you filming?! here is the settings
EXP - RUDDER RIGHT RUDDER LEFT (GENTLE) 0.20 THIS IS THE YAW

SENSITIVITY (YAW END POINT) 40

GIMBAL TILT SMOOTH TRACK 30

GIMBAL WHEEL SPEED 30

this will slow you down to get great shots.

gift given from me -

this is my first flight. more vids to come

Hope mine will be here in about 10 days. Going to be very different from my P2 and Q500, but really looking forward to the portability.

Ok you may have one or awaiting you prize and joy. I have some settings for you to try and im sure it will improve you filming?! here is the settings

GIMBAL WHEEL SPEED 30
[/MEDIA]

Good morning Drone Journey,

Thank you for your recommendations. I'm looking forward to delivery of my drone (through Very) so I hope to be trying out your changes soon. Your local to me so it's nice to see videos of at least one Mavic in the area.

Regards

Paul

Thanx man, you helped me a lot by making me save probably hours of testing to fine the perfect tune

I expected such a post

But what about this GIMBAL WHEEL SPEED 30

Is it only in IOS ? I didn't find this menu

Here is a great video explaining the cinematic settings, what they do, and how they affect the Mavic in flight.
Thanks for this. I'll try these settings when I get my Mavic. I'm headed to the Antarctic and want to take the drone with me but I've got a learning curve on the video.

Reactions: ArcticFlightman
Hi the Tripod mode will bring the settings so low you wont get the magic of control. I did tell the guy in the video above this about 3 weeks ago how to use the settings on the Mavic. he then made a video to claim for fame I guess. here is his original video. bloody amateurs
hence took of the raving rant of audio.
Use the settings I provided and you can adjust them to your liking. The tripod mode will inhibit your filming. Its all about the capture :)

To see what he said click on youtube player CC for captions

Can different flight settings be saved and named as custom flight modes?

There are 3 pre-configured modes in the advanced settings, from memory I think they were called slow, normal, and fast. You can change the expo values in each so all you'd have to do is go into advanced setting and switch to the slow from fast config, for example.

Reactions: Rick

GIMBAL WHEEL SPEED 30

this will slow you down to get great shots.

gift given from me -

this is my first flight. more vids to come

Thanks for this, very helpful. I spend forever looking for the "gimbal tilt smooth track". It seems it has a new name now - which I don't have in front of me at the moment. Maybe it was updated in the firmware update?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky