DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

observations on the recent updates for the Mini 3 pro

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
this post is about the recent firmware update that gives the Mini 3 pro the ability to be able to adjust the horizontal speeds of the drone in the different flight modes
i can confirm that it does work ,after managing to get a short flight around my property today during a break in the weather
the slowest setting for horizontal speed in imperial which is what i use is 2.2mph up to a max of 22.4 in cine mode
the same for Normal mode
and for sport its 2.2 to 35.8
it now allows a great deal of adjustment to suit individual needs of operators
Horizontal
Ascent
Decent
Angular Velocity
Yaw Smoothness
Brake sensitivity
as well as Expo
and gimbal settings
these settings can be accessed in control, under Gain and Expo Tuning
these changes are at last bringing the sort of settings control ,that we used to enjoy with the GO4 app
they have been a long time coming but never the less are very welcome
all my findings are for the DJI RC running the latest firmware and APP updates with my Mini 3 pro

I’ve been considering buying an Mini 3P. This is very helpful.

This update is very similar to the update that added the same adjustments to the Mavic 3. I also tried it out and it worked fine. I only made the adjustment to the horizontal speed in Cine Mode to make it like the old Tripod mode. I adjusted it to the lowest setting at 1 m/s. Have the same adjustment for my Mavic 3.

This update also seems to have coincided with the release of the SDK as well, as other threads have pointed out. Dronelink has released a beta version which I have installed on my RC Pro - just waiting for the weather to clear so I can try it out. If it works it will add even more features to the Mini 3.

Chris

Old Man Mavic, I thought I read somewhere that you had retired from the forum. Very, very glad to see you still with us!

I hope this update (and the SDK) means we may soon have a version of Litchi. I'm going to search for a Flymore Kit with the RC Pro controller!

Rich R (aka Hauptmann)

I hope this update (and the SDK) means we may soon have a version of Litchi. I'm going to search for a Flymore Kit with the RC Pro controller!

Rich R (aka Hauptmann)
As far as I know Litchi is not yet compatible with the RC Pro. The RC Pro does not support the Google Play Store so if you have purchased Litchi through that method, you will not be able to install it since it checks for licence info. Not sure about the Amazon store.

Chris

this post is about the recent firmware update that gives the Mini 3 pro the ability to be able to adjust the horizontal speeds of the drone in the different flight modes
i can confirm that it does work ,after managing to get a short flight around my property today during a break in the weather
the slowest setting for horizontal speed in imperial which is what i use is 2.2mph up to a max of 22.4 in cine mode
the same for Normal mode
and for sport its 2.2 to 35.8
it now allows a great deal of adjustment to suit individual needs of operators
Horizontal
Ascent
Decent
Angular Velocity
Yaw Smoothness
Brake sensitivity
as well as Expo
and gimbal settings
these settings can be accessed in control, under Gain and Expo Tuning
these changes are at last bringing the sort of settings control ,that we used to enjoy with the GO4 app
they have been a long time coming but never the less are very welcome
all my findings are for the DJI RC running the latest firmware and APP updates with my Mini 3 pro
Old Man Mavic - I always appreciate your thoughts and observations. Very helpful.

As far as I know Litchi is not yet compatible with the RC Pro. The RC Pro does not support the Google Play Store so if you have purchased Litchi through that method, you will not be able to install it since it checks for licence info. Not sure about the Amazon store.

Chris
The RC Pro DOES support Litchi. But not the Play Store, so you have to use Amazon.

It will after the SDK drops.
It seems it already has as Dronelink is now supporting the Mini 3 through its beta testing. I have it installed and running on my RC Pro and it recognizes my M3P and I get video feed and telemetry. I’m just waiting for weather to clear to test it out.

Chris

Reactions: Hauptmann
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman