DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Cinqueterre, Italy

flying a drone over Cinque Terre
Thank you for a great video, I lived in Castel Volturno, north of Naples, in the late 1970's and your video brought back beautiful memories...

Reactions: Bernard
When I see videos like this, I feel like Europe is a whole different planet, light years away, from the USA! We have nothing, NOTHING even close to places like this, in America. It's all fascinating to me. I'm retiring at the end of next year and I can't wait to travel to places like this to experience what my fellow drone pilots have shown me on this forum. Thank you. You all have opened up the world to me.

A few fun things I noticed in the video...the guy playing with his very happy dog on the balcony...The very small bell on that small church...the steep terraces with something growing on them...the boats sitting on that narrow road in the middle of town (love that shot)...at about 3:54, a house so narrow it's only as wide as the door and one window...and finally, the amazing sharpness and clarity of the shots of rocks. Honestly, it's a town that doesn't even look like it should exist in that location with the steep hills, rocks and water but I know there are several like that in Italy. Great job my friend. I've already watched the video twice.

Thank you for a great video, I lived in Castel Volturno, north of Naples, in the late 1970's and your video brought back beautiful memories...
Wow you have got around in your life so far. A very special place by the look of it. I have an Osmo 6 ready for my Christmas present from my wife and whilst I know it is not a Pocket I am much looking forward to “throwing” my iPhone around with it.

Few aerial views here as flying a drone over Cinque Terre is prohibited. Osmo Pocket and Panasonic.

When I see videos like this, I feel like Europe is a whole different planet, light years away, from the USA! We have nothing, NOTHING even close to places like this, in America. It's all fascinating to me. I'm retiring at the end of next year and I can't wait to travel to places like this to experience what my fellow drone pilots have shown me on this forum. Thank you. You all have opened up the world to me.

A few fun things I noticed in the video...the guy playing with his very happy dog on the balcony...The very small bell on that small church...the steep terraces with something growing on them...the boats sitting on that narrow road in the middle of town (love that shot)...at about 3:54, a house so narrow it's only as wide as the door and one window...and finally, the amazing sharpness and clarity of the shots of rocks. Honestly, it's a town that doesn't even look like it should exist in that location with the steep hills, rocks and water but I know there are several like that in Italy. Great job my friend. I've already watched the video twice.
Hi DaveS,
Do you use a video editor? Excellent footage and background music, too and very cinematic. The reason I ask if you use a video editor because some of the transition seems to be abrupt but you did a fantastic effort.

DaveS;

Life is very short, DaveS. I retired at 66 and am now 84, and have never stopped seeing the world. You should get busy and start planning. The Cinqueterra is actually 5 villages perched on the seaside, all different and colorful. You cannot drive there. We took a rental from Genoa, parked outside the first town and hiked and walked for three towns. The hills and trails are steep. Be careful of the kids at the train station. They stold my wife's Mastercard from her backpack.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: LoudThunder
Apparently the professor (photography program) I had in college is familiar with that location even pinpointed a building he stayed in.

"3:35 red house on the right side. I spend a month there in 1984"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221203_091046_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20221203_091046_Messenger.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 3

Thank you very much for your comments. I am very happy that this video gives you another vision of the world! I myself am already retired and I travel as much as possible... I was in the USA a few years ago and I had the same feeling as you about the huge differences between Europe and the USA ... where I discovered so many magnificent landscapes!

Hi DaveS,
Do you use a video editor? Excellent footage and background music, too and very cinematic. The reason I ask if you use a video editor because some of the transition seems to be abrupt but you did a fantastic effort.
I use Premier Pro as editor. Thank you for your comments.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard