DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Circle

Aussiemike

Reactions
Hi Guys, 70 years old and new to this. Have many trees around us so need to be extra careful.
What is the minimum radius I can do with a quickshot circle on Mini 2?
Cheers Mike in Kenya

I seem to remember that you only have access to Quickshots in the Fly app when the Mini 2 is in the air so I can't check it right now. But I believe there are about 4 set options for the radius for you to choose from. You can spark up your mini and check or someone will chime in with the correct answer.

Hi Guys, 70 years old and new to this. Have many trees around us so need to be extra careful.
What is the minimum radius I can do with a quickshot circle on Mini 2?
Cheers Mike in Kenya
Thanks for the quick response. I have seen the displayed choices and I have read that it will also just take the current distance you are hovering at. Hemmed in here with many trees so don't want to make a mistake.
Cheers Mike

Reactions: EyesWideShut
I believe it takes your current height to do the circle/orbit, hopefully someone clarifies the minimum radius.

With my mini, I use 3rd party apps like Maven or Litchi to do orbits/circles as you can really modify all the parameters during the flight, including adjusting altitude, radius, speed, direction etc. with the sticks. DJI should be releasing the SDK for the Mini 2 in a while...

As for your comment " Good to see other seniors around ", some days that's all that's here...

Welcome to the forum, fly safe and enjoy!

Isn't the minimum distance 15m in DJI Fly, but it should be variable as well by positioning the MM2 at the distance you want.

Reactions: NG Wildman
I believe it takes your current height to do the circle/orbit, hopefully someone clarifies the minimum radius.

With my mini, I use 3rd party apps like Maven or Litchi to do orbits/circles as you can really modify all the parameters during the flight, including adjusting altitude, radius, speed, direction etc. with the sticks. DJI should be releasing the SDK for the Mini 2 in a while...

As for your comment " Good to see other seniors around ", some days that's all that's here...

Welcome to the forum, fly safe and enjoy!
Could you steer me in the right direction to learn more about the apps. Best one etc etc.

Just remember that if in doubt while it is in progress you can always push the pause button and cancel it.

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
It’s good to be alive and able to plow through the technology!
There’s many knowledgeable members willing to help you with any questions you have. Search the forum using key words and if you don’t find an answer, post your question and I’m sure you’ll get a quick response. Flytpath has a series of YouTube videos that are very helpful. Fly safe and stay safe!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salvator419