DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Clarification on the State Farm discussion. (Argument)

Just confirmed with them. Theread words were "they will allow no deductible." LOL. Thanks again kodiak. Your saved me a bunch of headaches. My local State farm guys were not being "Like a good neighbor." Your contact State Farm made it very easy.

No worries... They have been great over the years. I wonder if State Farm is going to try to start adding deductibles... Maybe due to the number of these policies they've issued.

I seriously think a lot of agents just don't know. I seriously was laughed off the phone twice. One lady told me State Farm as a whole doesn't insure drones, and if an agent does, they are not being ethical. I just politely told them good day.

People are always so worried about filing claims with their insurance carrier because it "may" cause their insurance to go up... I've got news for you people, that's what insurance is for. Don't abuse it and you'll be fine. I had a $9k claim for damage to my roof with State Farm last year... you know how much my insurance went up? Zero! Even if your insurance does go up, do you think it's going to go up by +$1k? I doubt it, for a $1k claim that would be ludicrous.

The bottom line is that State Farm is in the business of assessing risk. They have assessed the risk that your $1k policy on your Mavic costs them and they set your premium accordingly. If or when you need to make a claim, the cost of that claim is already factored into (1) your policy, and (2) the policies others took out.

It's not like you file your $1k claim for your Mavic and all of the sudden your homeowners is going to up $10k! Get a grip people. It's the same as a PA policy on a wedding or engagement ring. Are you not going to have you wife's wedding or engagement ring insured because filing a claim MAY make some other policy go up!! Think people!

Insurance premiums are they risk-sensitive... Homeowners policies almost never raise premiums after claims because homeowners have no influence on the risks imposed by natural disasters.

I have had a Personal Article Policy with my Nevada StateFarm Agent for 6 months now. No claims yet and I have read the policy thoroughly. They will make good on the replacement value! I send copious pictures of my birds featuring serial numbers, boxes , all accessories, etc. It costs me 5 bucks a month. I spend more than that on a cup of coffee twice a day. Its peanuts!

Things that are better than DJI's Refresh Theft coverage! No cost on a per replacement or per repair. Water damage is now covered under DJI refresh BUT one still has to pay a fee for replacement the first and second times.

Do I care if my policies go up?
Not really as the increases I have seen after filing multiple other claims have been very small.

So "traditionally" StateFarms increases have not been massive.

Best 5 bucks I drop a month. Oh, my agents assistant courtesy calls me from time to time to see how I am doing and the drone. LOL!

39#
Just received my Mavic last night from B&H, and just got it insured from State Farm (in Illinois) for $60 for the year!

Reactions: BD0G
Since the PA policy on my Mavic is the only policy I have with State Farm, they would have a very difficult time raising my rates. They could always cancel my PA policy after making a claim, but it still would have been the best $60 I ever spent, and it doesn't have the same restrictions as DJI.
This was my question - I've got geico- but I'd rather spend 60 bucks and have fly-aways, water and theft be covered as well. Forget refresh if this is good to go. So we could just insure the mavic only even if we have no other policies with them?

This was my question - I've got geico- but I'd rather spend 60 bucks and have fly-aways, water and theft be covered as well. Forget refresh if this is good to go. So we could just insure the mavic only even if we have no other policies with them?

I want to say yes , but will confer directly with my agent to determine this for certain and report back.

I have tons of coverage with State Farm so I need to check on this.

Thread revival :)

I did some research on the database insurers use to check you out, below are some links to educate yourself.

CLUE AND YOU: HOW INSURERS SIZE YOU UP
You can request your clue report every 12 months for free
Here is how to read your CLUE report after you get it

I didn't find Personal Articles Policy specifically listed and assuming it falls under the catchall type X, Other

I know a guy who has filed a claim with SF and gotten his check and I'm asking him if he is willing to pull his free CLUE and let us know if it reported.
If he does I'll report back reported or not.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_