DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Close encounters of a Spanish Beekeeper

KangaAir

Reactions
The trusted Mavic bird was a tad sticky but running sweet on this mission ... no stings attached!

Genuinely like to thank the Beekeeper for his fabulous support helping capture his work as a third generation beekeeper in the South of Spain.

Last edited:
The trusted Mavic bird was a tad sticky but running sweet on this mission ... no stings attached!

Genuinely like to thank the Beekeeper for his fabulous support helping capture his work as a third generation beekeeper in the South of Spain.

So nice! Really well done & tells a good story.
Bees sometimes swarm at my drone. Bet your props finished off a few.

Reactions: KangaAir
Not as many as I thought it might, they're pretty clever. I was standing around 100 metres away on a cliff edge, reckon they might have known I had something to do with it, quite a flew started buzzing me 5 minutes into the flight. Prior to that there were none around. An amazing part of nature. The wife and I were invited back to the beekeepers village to suit up and visit a queen bee and hive. It was an unforgettable first hand experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: CJH92474 and Fleek
Nicely put together!

Reactions: KangaAir
I convinced myself at one point the smoke was going into, not coming out of, the smoke gun. Was that an optical illusion, or did you reverse that particular clip for some reason?

I convinced myself at one point the smoke was going into, not coming out of, the smoke gun. Was that an optical illusion, or did you reverse that particular clip for some reason?
No reversing, the puffers being used to calm bees are filled with wooden twigs, very old fashioned diaphram which is blowing air into the smoke box, squeezed by hand. I have some close up footage of the beekeeper preparing one of your interested to see it. No software illusions, all forward movement and some slow mo.

The puffers being used to calm bees are filled with wooden twigs, very old fashioned diaphragm which is blowing air into the smoke box, squeezed by hand. I have some close up footage of the beekeeper preparing one if interested..
Went back and checked my footage last night, I did reverse part of the footage for one scene with the beekeepers LOL. You are the first person to notice it, well done picking it up Recycler.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming