DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Closest distance to circle?

Buel

Reactions
Hi.
What is the closest to oneself that you can get the mini to do a quickshot circle?

I thought it showed the distances on the screen when you are flying and actually set for lowest distance.
I can't get out to fly just now so cannot give you lowest figure on my screen. Sorry.

Reactions: Buel
You can get it into a pretty tight circle. I tried this today in a clearing in the forest between trees.
Wow. Thanks for this. Can I ask if you used the quickshot? Because I see the minimum distance you can choose is 25m?

Wow. Thanks for this. Can I ask if you used the quickshot? Because I see the minimum distance you can choose is 25m?
Yes I used quick shots. Felt like I was closer than that to my wife as it circled her. I’d say give it a try in an open field and see how it reacts

Reason is that due to my inexperience and I get it wrong the alternative of asking would be far cheaper. Knowledge is no weight to carry. Now I have that knowledge I will feel far more comfortable. TIA

Uum I think open sea would be a bad place to try this, what would be the subject/target? Before you try it best look up how to escape the mode if things go wrong.

Yes I used quick shots. Felt like I was closer than that to my wife as it circled her. I’d say give it a try in an open field and see how it reacts
I did this a few days ago - I got about 5 metres away doing full circles, brilliant!!

Only problem is my only open field is the Indian Ocean. Not very forgiving if it does not go as planned.
As long as you don’t fly too close to the water to confuse any sensors you should have all the room you’ll need. Just use a test flight and watch it ready to jump on the controls to cancel the Quick Shot.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msporting