DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Club 3-Mile

Ok, I got video to work. That answered my questions but I now have a new one. Why didn't you just land in that dirt ground fenced in construction site?? Looks like you gunned stick lateral at last second before touchdown purposely crashing?????

My elevation is 655ft. I also live next to valley that is 100ft lower in elevation.
N
But not one Senator or Congressman got hurt or affended well to my nowledge at lease. And in the same time how many people was killed on highways. Or killed by a hammer. Need to outlaw the highways & hammers. Pull the soapbox back in, no one wants to hear it.

"No one wants to hear it" ? What no one wants to hear is an incident happend while someone was ignoring good practices and even laws. One incident causing damage, injury or even death could cause irreparable harm to UAV sport. The Feds are watching and waiting. UAVs flying logic is similar to motorcycle riding logic...Don't over fly your ability or your equipments ability. Having served in the Navy Airforce, SCUBA diver, Motorcyle rider, and developed industrial safety programs, I know factually, "ACCIDENTS DONT JUST HAPPEN THEY ARE CAUSED!

I understand their may be areas to more safety fly above 400 feet. An area with no possible aircraft traffic. Nevertheless, why after braking a law would I post it on the internet? To let the Feds take tally and report number of infractions and irresponsible actions UAV pilots are incurring?

I'm done...no more soapbox
Fly safe my friend and enjoy UAVing.

Amazing to prove a technical capability. But it seems every one of you broke the law and safety sense. Not in VLOS and at least one of you went too high.

Raymondo should NOT be derided or ignored here for him pointing out the 800 lb. elephant in the room, as one cretin in this forum - mavicn008 - has done.

The truth is FAA regs WERE broken to reach all of these records, impressive or not. Feeling the adolescent need to measure penises in this forum does NOT justify breaking FAA rules, placing others in jeopardy, or bringing negative attention to our UAV activities that are ALWAYS being highly scrutinized.

Yes, you proved some points. Big men in your little minds, I guess. And you've voluntarily handed your proof and admissions of rule breaking over to the FAA through your crowing about your fetes here. Congratulations. Smart thinking.

Now grow the **** up and stop putting what I enjoy doing under a negative spotlight making things harder on me, and learn to follow the **** rules like big boys are supposed to do.

Last edited:
Ok, I got video to work. That answered my questions but I now have a new one. Why didn't you just land in that dirt ground fenced in construction site?? Looks like you gunned stick lateral at last second before touchdown purposely crashing?????

I did land just as you described. The reason for gunning the stick, it was at that very moment it struck me what was taking place with all that lose dirt and a heavy downpour of rain that had just started maybe 5 seconds before that. As I was descending I thought that looks like a good place to sit it down. And 1 second later the words "NO.... MUD!!!" and I pushed the stick 100% to the left. I feel like I was somewhat lucky to still have R/C control at that altitude since there was then some houses in between the Mavic and myself some 400ft away.

Once it had landed I took the R/C and tablet and jumped in my vehicle and drove to the nearest house to the construction area. I enabled Find My Drone in the GO4 app and walked straight to it in less then 5 minutes from the time it landed.

Raymondo should NOT be derided or ignored here for him pointing out the 800 lb. elephant in the room, as one cretin in this forum - mavicn008 - has done.

The truth is FAA regs WERE broken to reach all of these records, impressive or not. Feeling the adolescent need to measure penises in this forum does NOT justify breaking FAA rules, placing others in jeopardy, or bringing negative attention to our UAV activities that are ALWAYS being highly scrutinized.

Yes, you proved some points. Big men in your little minds, I guess. And you've voluntarily handed your proof and admissions of rule breaking over to the FAA through your crowing about your fetes here. Congratulations. Smart thinking.

Now grow the **** up and stop putting what I enjoy doing under a negative spotlight making things harder on me, and learn to follow the **** rules like big boys are supposed to do.
Lol calm down, you can't stop people from doing what they are doing. If I were a betting man, id bet that 95% or even higher of members fly out of line of sight on this forum, maybe even you. You sound like the type of guy that would call the FAA and complain about people but in reality you've probably done it yourself, maybe not in an extreme sense. Either way relax.

Lol calm down, you can't stop people from doing what they are doing. If I were a betting man, id bet that 95% or even higher of members fly out of line of sight on this forum, maybe even you. You sound like the type of guy that would call the FAA and complain about people but in reality you've probably done it yourself, maybe not in an extreme sense. Either way relax.
I can't even imagine flying ONLY with VLOS... I mean.. you'd be limiting the MPs abilities exponentially.

Must admit VOLS rules have been bent flying inside my house and even yesterday at a park flying at 6-8 ft. altitude in and around tree trunks every time drone went behind a tree trunk...:(.

Thinking I read same VOLS may not apply indoors.

Agreed, unless you are over body of water or on desert hilltop, very difficult to at some point and time, not have loss of visual LS.

Go look on the "Distance Leaderboard" on this forum.

I believe the stock leaderboard is 27,000' that's about 5 miles one way.
Well we all can go 5 miles one way probably but none of us will be able to make it back so what's the point? To me the trips no good unless you can make it back to home.

Well we all can go 5 miles one way probably but none of us will be able to make it back so what's the point? To me the trips no good unless you can make it back to home.
Third party apps, send drone on mission, go pick it up with your car when it's set to land. Lots of use cases for it. After about 2km I find you need to be very careful with the controller, small movements only. Go a bit too far and it loses connection.

Reactions: CoolBreeze
Now I have deleted a few post in this as they were not necessary .
Guys stay cool in this and if you can't stay out of the thread .
Now anymore will result in warnings or more so it Stops Here .
Now carry on and Please be civil from here out .
Thank You :)

Sprtbkrydr on the leader board they have to make it back to home to count. And yes distance is from home and back. These Mavic are remarkable for flying very low and very far.

Hey, as a newbie with distance flying, can anyone comment on dual-controller use, or, being able to launch from point A with controller/phone 1, to point B where my buddy is with his controller/phone, which is say 4 miles away but midway through he (at point B) takes over control and lands it? Just curious if a hand-off is even allowed between 2 controllers...or are they addressed uniquely as a pair (controller/mavic)?

Hey, as a newbie with distance flying, can anyone comment on dual-controller use, or, being able to launch from point A with controller/phone 1, to point B where my buddy is with his controller/phone, which is say 4 miles away but midway through he (at point B) takes over control and lands it? Just curious if a hand-off is even allowed between 2 controllers...or are they addressed uniquely as a pair (controller/mavic)?
Dji recently introduce master and slave controller
I dont know the restriction about it
But yes, 2 controllers can control the same mavic
Keep in mind that the master controller has higher priority over the mavic

Unless you have someone there waiting for it. Maybe I owed my friend that lives 5 miles away 10 bucks and figured I'd deliver it to him and just get the drone later Thumbswayup:p

How will Amazon do their drone delivery service? Surely no one will be spotting all those drones.

Last edited:
Can you elaborate (with a visual, preferably)?

antenna.jpg

Looking at fig.2 the green area represents the Flat Surface that should face towards the AirCraft.

In fig.3 think of the number 10 line as it was a imaginary laser-pointer, and the better you are at pointing that line at the AirCraft, the aircraft will receive the best possible signal. I can also share from experience...if at a point the signal begins to drop to say 0-1 Bars displayed in the GO4 app, simply increase the AirCrafts Altitude an additional 75-100ft. It should at least return to 4 Bars allowing you to continue on with your flight. Repeat the process should it drop down again to the 0 Bar mark. If you do in fact increase the altitude up the additional 100ft and it remains at 0 Bars, I recommend you RTH and at a minimum get closer to Home Point or a more controlled signal.

If you follow the recommendations above, any issues you may have will be limited more so then any other.

Unless you have someone there waiting for it. Maybe I owed my friend that lives 5 miles away 10 bucks and figured I'd deliver it to him and just get the drone later Thumbswayup:p

How will Amazon do their drone delivery service? Surely no one will be spotting all those drones.

Good question. For now appears to be issues to improve. See below link.

Trump’s freeze on new regulation means that we won’t get drone delivery anytime soon

Also a bit of good news...
In fact, an FAA decision in recent days giving permission – for the first time ever – to a company to fly its drones beyond the sight of its operator comes thanks to air traffic control technology.

PrecisionHawk, which manufactures drones mainly for agricultural use, has been given the go-ahead to use its fixed-wing flying machines on farms.

To ensure safe flight, operators use what PrecisionHawk calls a “low altitude traffic and airspace safety system,” or LATAS, to enable its drones to automatically avoid other air traffic and obstacles encountered while in the air.

Reactions: cderoche
From reading the below FAA garble, I conclude if you want or need to do something - ASK!

The FAA builds into regulations what is called “regulatory flexibility” which can be understood as legal “wiggle room.” There are multiple ways that regulatory flexibility can happen in the regulations: waivers, authorizations, deviations, and exemptions. If the particular regulation you are interested in cannot be resolved by waiver, authorization, or deviation, then the exemption process is all that is left.

Reactions: cderoche
From reading the below FAA garble, I conclude if you want or need to do something - ASK!

The FAA builds into regulations what is called “regulatory flexibility” which can be understood as legal “wiggle room.” There are multiple ways that regulatory flexibility can happen in the regulations: waivers, authorizations, deviations, and exemptions. If the particular regulation you are interested in cannot be resolved by waiver, authorization, or deviation, then the exemption process is all that is left.

I suspect that in time, flying drones beyond VLOS will be perfectly legal and done regularly... once a long enough time of proven reliability and safety has been established that is. We take driving deadly highly flammable gasoline exploding piston engine powered automobiles for granted today, but in the beginning they were total death traps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d