DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cold weather

rg155

Reactions
I know dji recomends not flying below freezing but what is considered ok to fly the mavic in with a warm battery and everything. Down to zero degrees?

I was recently in Northern Norway and flew my mavic in -37 degrees celcius. It worked fine. The only thing I did was keep the batteries in the inside pocket of my jacket next to my base layers for most of the day so when I put them in the mavic just before flying they werent too cold. Battery life was almost normal.

Reactions: AVanBeek
I was recently in Northern Norway and flew my mavic in -37 degrees celcius. It worked fine. The only thing I did was keep the batteries in the inside pocket of my jacket next to my base layers for most of the day so when I put them in the mavic just before flying they werent too cold. Battery life was almost normal.
That's impressive! And great to know....
Cheers
Ian

I noticed my Air warns me about reduced battery performance when it's cold, and actually stops me from taling off if the battery is too cold

I noticed my Air warns me about reduced battery performance when it's cold, and actually stops me from taling off if the battery is too cold

I know dji recomends not flying below freezing but what is considered ok to fly the mavic in with a warm battery and everything

Battery yes, but the question was not about the temp of the battery.

Battery yes, but the question was not about the temp of the battery.
Yes. And it's also about the Pro. Sorry for making a general observation. But thank you for quoting the OP and even highlighting the relevant text for me............. :(

I'm a new owner and I'm thinking it's probably worse to run it In the extreme heat. I haven't had it up when it was over 50 degrees yet. I notice even in the 40s the fan comes on sometimes and the unit gets pretty warm and I'm guessing this thing is gonna get pretty hot in the summer. I can see me getting a small fan to cool it down after flights. Heat is probably enemy #1.

Reactions: Oconnb910
I'm a new owner and I'm thinking it's probably worse to run it In the extreme heat. I haven't had it up when it was over 50 degrees yet. I notice even in the 40s the fan comes on sometimes and the unit gets pretty warm and I'm guessing this thing is gonna get pretty hot in the summer. I can see me getting a small fan to cool it down after flights. Heat is probably enemy #1.

People have flown the Pro in temps around 105F. No issues. The bigger issue is that the batteries won't charge at higher temps so in higher temps they take longer to cool down after a flight. Higher temps don't really affect the Pro itself.

Reactions: Obi~wan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard