DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cold weather

WORCS.
The wild West Mids:D
Thought as much, lol.

I’m the same as you with checking weather conditions on my weather station before I fly, only if I fly locally.

I think my max budget would be the same as yours £30. Still looking but I have that link you posted to full back on.Thumbswayup

Getting pretty cold here (30-40s F or 0-10C for highs), and am wondering what the minimum temperature recommendations are for flying in cold temps and what to expect from performance. Thanks!

Reactions: SpinItUp
Yes, wore ThinsulateView attachment 51763 (or something like them) gloves this morning.
Control was just as with none.
They're very old and have holes in the fingers that were repaired with French liquid material glue that comes in a yellow squeeze container (forgot what it's called) but I was able to control my tablet with them on anyway, plus my digits were toasty :p

Edit; I have some NothFace on order
The North Face Etip Unisex Outdoor Gloves
Yep I own those they seem to work ok so far we had -9c a few weeks back and I had no problems

Reactions: Porky
Here is another way to handle the cold, limits my vlos but fly cozy.IMG_20180327_181455186.jpeg

Reactions: Slim.slamma
Another cold weather tip
Potatoe starch or water repellent helps with condensation when temperatures get below freezing.
High humidity in the cold can cause props to ice up.

Fly Safe

Reactions: SpinItUp

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palaiouras