DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Commercial Pilots

ASI_Flyboy

Reactions
For those of you who have your Part 107, I was wondering what you are doing with it:
  • Side job/gigs
  • Self-employed company
  • Work for a company who uses drones
  • Just for fun
  • Other
It seems like there is a ton of potential out there and I just wanted to know if this is still mostly a hobby for people or how serious people are getting with it.

Thanks!

My friend got a 107 but sold his UAV, can he sell my video for profit? And can he take a job but I will be the 1 flying? What you guys gals think?

Reactions: trebor
My friend got a 107 but sold his UAV, can he sell my video for profit? And can he take a job but I will be the 1 flying? What you guys gals think?

My guess would be if your friend is only there to make the transaction with the client, then I would think you're fine flying the drone. With you flying the drone though, you inherit all the responsibility of that drone and the job it is performing.

If you do not hold a Part 107, then you cannot sell, give or otherwise transfer your video to your friend to be used for business purposes.

If you do not hold a Part 107, you can operate under the "Person Manipulating the Controls" part of the law. You would need to be under the supervision of a certified Remote Pilot in Command.

4.2.4 Person Manipulating the Controls. A person other than the remote pilot in command
(PIC) who is controlling the flight of an sUAS under the supervision of the remote PIC.
4.2.5 Remote Pilot in Command (Remote PIC or Remote Pilot). A person who holds a remote
pilot certificate with an sUAS rating and has the final authority and responsibility for the
operation and safety of an sUAS operation conducted under part 107.

For those of you who have your Part 107, I was wondering what you are doing with it:
  • Side job/gigs
  • Self-employed company
  • Just for fun
  • Other
It seems like there is a ton of potential out there and I just wanted to know if this is still mostly a hobby for people or how serious people are getting with it.

Thanks!
So, this post/question is just for USA?

Please clarify..

Because the title is calling for a more large population "commercial pilot"... Then inside the threat "those who... Part 107".

Suggested new title :

USA commercial pilots

Or

How did you exploit your Part 107

Not necessarily just for fun, but in case it is ever needed, I have it.

• Side job/gigs
  • Self-employed company
  • Just for fun
  • Other

Thanks!
I have my 107, and use it for stock footage submissions
I did not have that as a goal when I took the test. My goal was to better understand airspace.
Once I finished studying, I saw no reason to take the test because I got out of the study what I wanted, and thought having the certification could place limits on my flights.
I have since learned that unless you are flying for commercial purposes, you are still a hobbyist. To me that matters as I can both fly for commercial purposes, and maintain my hobbyist status, which matters to me. Largely because I don't seek commercial opportunities as much as I fly for fun.

So, this post/question is just for USA?

Please clarify..

Because the title is calling for a more large population "commercial pilot"... Then inside the threat "those who... Part 107".

Suggested new title :

USA commercial pilots

Or

How did you exploit your Part 107

Sorry, didn't mean to be misleading. I'm not sure how to edit thread header, but I'll be more specific going forward.

It would be like a private pilot doing charter flights illegally under the guise of a commercial operator who charged money for the flight. He must have a commercial pilots license and be current.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54