DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Commercial Work with Mavic Pro

You need a Remote Pilot certificate. You can find everything you need on the FAA's website here.

Many of us do have our Part 107 certificates. The link msinger provided is the best place to start your research.

I use the Mavic for commercial photography and videography. However, if I were doing a job that required more cinematic shots (higher resolution, DOF control, etc.), I'd probably be considering a Phantom 4P or, ideally, an Inspire 2 with one of the newer Zenmuse 5.2K/6K cameras. That being said, my clients seem to be very happy with the images that the Mavic's camera produces (after post-processing, of course).

Good luck!

Thank You Mr. Matthias. Concerning the testing for Part 107, if you don’t mind, I’d like your opinion on what to expect with the test/questions?

Thank You Mr. Matthias. Concerning the testing for Part 107, if you don’t mind, I’d like your opinion on what to expect with the test/questions?
You're very welcome, Raptor63!

There is a wealth of information online about the test and the nature/make-up of the questions in the FAA Part 107 knowledge exam. Obviously, to restate all that information in a reply to would be impossible. You just need to follow the links and glean as much information as you can from online sources.

Start by Googling "Part 107 Exam"; there will be many sites that can provide you with your answers. You might also visit the Rupprecht Law website for some very good information about the exam. Jonathan is a drone lawyer and has some excellent info as well as a small sample test with the answers explained.

There are also a number of video-based prep courses. If reading FAA manuals is a bit off-putting in the beginning, these may be for you. However, eventually you will need to study the Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge and become proficient at reading FAA Sectional Charts (using the Aeronautical Chart User's Guide). I can personally recommend Jason Schappert's RemotePilot101 course, but there are a number of other online courses in different price ranges.

There is no shortcut to getting your Part 107 certificate. You should know that a number of folks have found the exam quite difficult. However, if you have had General Aviation experience or hold a PPL or SPL, the exam will be much easier for you. Just remember: study, study, study!

@Raptor63, you can find additional FAA Part 107 study guides and courses here.

Learn your 'airspace'.
I'm not affiliated but I took the course from remotepilot101.com and would recommend it. It was about $150 when I took it. If you're serious about getting certified--in my opinion--this is a good way to go. I'm sure there are other good sources but this is the one I know of.

Learn your 'airspace'.
I'm not affiliated but I took the course from remotepilot101.com and would recommend it. It was about $150 when I took it. If you're serious about getting certified--in my opinion--this is a good way to go. I'm sure there are other good sources but this is the one I know of.
Glad to hear others like this course. Jason Schappert has made (and invested in) a commitment to online training services. He and his staff keep up with all issues regarding Part 107 and add to the course as new or modified regulations come from the FAA. I might also note that the $150 fee for the course includes lifetime access to the training materials and online support (asking about 107 regs and situations). For me, this was a big deal because ALL Part 107 pilots will need re-certification after 24-months of being initially certified! When that time comes, I know I can access the materials for free and that the course will always be up to date for re-certification.

(No affiliation with RemotePilot101.com)

The beauty of this forum is that you you can get valuable information from those with prior and vast experience. I will sign up and utilize Jason Schappert’s coursework. Good for now, and again in two years time! Thanks for your valuable input!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu