DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass demagnetization

Wowowee

Reactions
hello..
Noticed my MP would continue to drift up on take off, using the slide on the go4 should stop and hover at 4ft or use the manual take off will just continue to drift up. Slow to respond to stick input to land it, feels like it will fly away.
Have to land or restart the MP, then all is ok.
I do, do compass recalibration every new location.

So I was looking into these demagnetizer, there is this CF fixer too $$ and not much mention of these online, thought it could be handy to have.
Ship From RU DJI Compass Error Fixer Cfixer Degauss Demagnetization Tool For RC Drone DJI Phantom 3/4 Mavic Pro Spark-in Drone Cables from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

What is the difference with these for much less $$.. seem to do same thing.
https://www.amazon.ca/BQLZR-Mechani...pID=317VCIYO7CL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Any thoughts..
Thankz

hello..
Noticed my MP would continue to drift up on take off, using the slide on the go4 should stop and hover at 4ft or use the manual take off will just continue to drift up. Slow to respond to stick input to land it, feels like it will fly away.
Have to land or restart the MP, then all is ok.
I do, do compass recalibration every new location.

So I was looking into these demagnetizer, there is this CF fixer too $$ and not much mention of these online, thought it could be handy to have.
Ship From RU DJI Compass Error Fixer Cfixer Degauss Demagnetization Tool For RC Drone DJI Phantom 3/4 Mavic Pro Spark-in Drone Cables from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

What is the difference with these for much less $$.. seem to do same thing.
https://www.amazon.ca/BQLZR-Mechani...pID=317VCIYO7CL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Any thoughts..
Thankz

Are you getting a compass error when the Mavic climbs upwards?

Drifting directly upwards is not a compass malfunction, more of a barometric altimeter imu malfunction. Recalibrate your IMU and see if it fixes it.

One sign of a compass malfunction would be the "toilet bowl effect" where the Mavic starts circling at altitude and might become uncontrollable and unresponsive to stick commands. It doesnt sound like that is what you are experiencing.

Reactions: sar104
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redrover61