DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass error switched to ATTI

Exphantomflyer

Reactions
First time flying the Mp today after having the ribbon cable replaced, all seemed good then this happened

Not just once but 3 times whilst flying, i landed and restarted everything and all seemed fine, as you can see (thank god I screen record all my flights) the compass is showing as green in the app yet it states compass error
Im on 01.04.0300 firmware all original.

I did a compass calibration and it didnt happen again, but im a bit worried as im off to Portugal on Monday and will be taking Bugsy with me.

Fly it as much as you can now, before your trip, and if it does it again or does it every flight, pay another visit to the repair shop. A compass error is my least favorite message because it could lead to flyaways...

Fly it as much as you can now, before your trip, and if it does it again or does it every flight, pay another visit to the repair shop. A compass error is my least favorite message because it could lead to flyaways...

Yeah will do, over the weekend i have time, if it happens again i wont be taking it away, stange though how the compass showed green

Reactions: Former Member
I know that further investigation of the logs is coming, but I am intrigued by a device called CFixer (CFixer is the Compass Error Fixer) and am wondering if this could fix the compass issue. I have read some posts where it has.

I know that further investigation of the logs is coming, but I am intrigued by a device called CFixer (CFixer is the Compass Error Fixer) and am wondering if this could fix the compass issue. I have read some posts where it has.

It depends on the exact nature of the compass issue. A demagnetizer may be useful if the problem is caused by magnetization of a ferromagnetic component or components (such as screws) on the aircraft that cannot be calibrated out.

Reactions: Former Member
It depends on the exact nature of the compass issue. A demagnetizer may be useful if the problem is caused by magnetization of a ferromagnetic component or components (such as screws) on the aircraft that cannot be calibrated out.

Maybe when the repair shop did the work, some of the screws became magnetized.

I'm confused - that log is riddled with yaw and compass errors.

Your confused mate ? im seeing green on all the sensors, where do you see errors ?

Any how ive just test flown it and it seems fine now

No dont be silly, but I didnt look at the Notifications tab ( i dont use AD much) but now its been pointed out i see the errors, my mistake mate thanks for that. but as i said I did a compass Cal and just flown a battery and all seems good,

Thanks to you both for the input

No dont be silly, but I didnt look at the Notifications tab ( i dont use AD much) but now its been pointed out i see the errors, my mistake mate thanks for that. but as i said I did a compass Cal and just flown a battery and all seems good,

Thanks to you both for the input

The notifications tab is the first place to look. That is generally the only place that will note the errors. Without having seen the actual log files my guess from the notifications would be that the problem was caused by powering up the aircraft at a location with a distorted magnetic field rather than a compass calibration issue.

Reactions: Exphantomflyer
Wow I don't know how that mavic didn't fly off from you

You had about 300 yaw errors that place you are flying or taking off from has massive amount of magnetic interference

Weird thing is that place looks just like where I fly my Mavic Pro massive football field's

Wow I don't know how that mavic didn't fly off from you

You had about 300 yaw errors that place you are flying or taking off from has massive amount of magnetic interference

Ive flown the same place for 3 years now, most weekends our group meet up and fly there, this was the first time ive had any issues, im wondering if the sun and the weather played a part, or was it all that was needed was a compass cal after it had had the cover removed for gimbal cable replacement, guess ill never know as its flying fine now

Weird thing is that place looks just like where I fly my Mavic Pro massive football field's

Its in Stretford Manchester

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada