DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass issue

Carb63

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi all ,

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I went flying earlier today from home and while flying got a compass error warning. Compass was calibrated the day before at my home. Why would this warning pop up ?

If you must calibrate, do it from the same place as the launch location?

Reactions: Carb63
Greeting from Minnesota and North Dakota.

I have flown many drones, and have been careful about compass calibration. With my MP2 Pro I only do it when there is updated software, add an accessory, or when called for.
I have gotten unexpected compass errors, and wonder if the strong magnet on my Apple Watch metal band has caused some of them.
It not hard to imagine getting your wrist close to the compasses when holding the drone. The magnet keeps the band in place is strong enough to grab a shopping cart!
I’m not going to experiment with this - just not use my metal band around my drone.

Hi all ,

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I went flying earlier today from home and while flying got a compass error warning. Compass was calibrated the day before at my home. Why would this warning pop up ?
Likely, if not an intrinsic hardware malfunction, you flew into strong EM interference.

Has the event repeated?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbee